Chapter One Hundred and Forty Six

Inside a great gathering of eminent guests, Yang Shuqing who wore a balck veil head-gear coldly looked at the vast and loud bride welcoming group. Her handkerchief was squeezed into another chest and her chest heaved up and down.

Five and a half kilometers of red dowry, a grand wedding.

The commoners of the capital gave their well wishes.

Based on what Yang Shuqing knew, throughout the Dayue Dynasty, the commoners would tie a red cloth on this day to celebrate Duke Ding's marriage. Being the bride of Duke Ding, Jiang Ningbao also had the well wishes of all of the commoners of the Dayue Dynasty.

How could it not let her be envious?

In the previous life, she was happy and content and in this life, she was unbearably grand. Even though Duke Ding would die two years later, Jiang Ningbao still had the things that made other noble ladies envious of her.

The vast and loud bride-welcoming group carried the bright red flower sedan and walked around the capital once before going to Duke Ding Residence.

Duke Ding Residence was basked in a joyous atmosphere. Bright red lanterns were hung high and red silks tied into flower balls clung on every corner of the residence. Auspicious atmosphere covered the residence.

The seats were full of guests and it was very crowded.

The decorated main courtyard was filled with a joyous atmosphere. Old Madam Xie sat at the highest seat and saw her son wearing the groom's clothing, looking even more handsome, and the gentle and graceful bride who sat beside him. She was grinning from ear to ear.

After this day, E'Heng would live until a hundred, wealthy and noble, with a lot of children.

The wedding was mainly officiated by a Board of Rites official.

Xie Jingyi was seated below. He stared at his former fiance who was wearing a bright red wedding dress and bowing at the wedding altar with his adopted father. Once he thought that Jiang fourth miss would be his adopted mother, Xie Jingyi's eyes flashed with some melancholic and complicated emotions.

After bowing at the altar, Jiang Ningbao was sent to the new room in the main courtyard. Sitting on the bright red wedding bed, at once she thought that tonight, on this big bed, they would have their wedding night.

Jiang Ningbao's heart thudded hard and her face could not contain the redness that flushed upward, making her look very delicate and charming.

It was very quiet in the wedding chamber, only the red candles were making a sound.

Chun Xi and Chun Le followed inside. Chun Xi saw the red pot of tea on the table and immediately poured a cup for her lady.

"Lady, drink some tea to moisturize the throat."

Under the veil, Jiang Ningbao nodded, "Okay." She had not drank anything for the whole day so her mouth was dry and uncomfortable.

After drinking one small cup of tea, Old Servant Huang personally served a bowl of bird nest porridge and a small plate of snacks inside. She smiled, "Madam, this is the bird nest porridge the old madam asked the kitchen to cook. Madam drink some to fill your stomach."

"Thanking old madam." Jiang Ningbao was happy in her heart. Old Madam Xie was indeed considerate. She ate the bird nest porridge while wearing the red veil and ate a few jujube paste and chinese yam cake. She felt that her stomach was no long empty, making her feel comfortable.

Old Servant Huang glanced at Jiang Ningbao who was wearing a bright red wedding dress and sitting on the wedding bed. Her eyes were filled with happiness, "Madam, please wait a moment. The duke will come a while later."

Jiang Ningbao nodded slightly and thought in her heart that there probably wouldn't be anyone who dared to propose a toast.

Old Servant Huang smiled and left to bustle about.

Outside the window, it was almost night and the evening glow was all over the sky.

Inside of the wedding room, the red candles were burning high, as if day time.

Around half an hour passed and Duke Ding, who was wearing the groom's clothes, entered the wedding chamber. There was no trace of wine on his body, only freshness and coolness. Perhaps it was because of the ominous energy on him, but no one dared to escort him rowdily to the chambers and slipped the step of drinking wine.

"All of you, retreat back." A low and cold voice rang.

Chun Xi and Chun Le immediately left the wedding chamber.

The wedding chamber became silent.

Jiang Ningbao clearly heard the sound of the door being closed. Then, she heard Duke Ding's erratic breathing. She thought of something and her ears flushed. Her cheeks, and even her chest became hotter.

Duke Ding Xie Heng glanced at the girl sitting on the wedding bed and his gaze fell on her intersected fair hands on the wedding dress for a moment. So his little wife who was usually daring could also be nervous.

Duke Ding's eyes flashed with a trace of smile and he strode forward and lifted her red veil.

The red veil fell on the floor.

Duke Ding saw an intricate, bright, and colorful face, as if the peach blossom flower that bloomed on march. She was so beautiful that it shocked his mind and his eyes darkened slowly.

Jiang Ningbao lifted her pupils.

The two of them met eye to eye and the atmosphere inside the wedding room became enchanting and scorching.

Jiang Ningbao's cheeks were red as flame and added some charm on the layer of unnatural make-up.

She actually planned on pushing down Duke Ding in the wedding chamber, surrounded with candles. But seeing Duke Ding's pair of eyes that were turning darker and scorching, as if wanted to scorch her to ashes, Jiang Ningbao lowered her head and shamefully did not have the courage to do so.

The wedding candles burned tall.

Duke Ding's lips curved up and he lifted his big and slender hand to put down the phoenix veil she had on and let her hair down in the process. Her black tresses fell down, adding a few charms.

Seeing the little wife being like that, Duke Ding's throat dried and his pupils burned with fire. His breathing suddenly turned rapid and his body rose in temperature. His clear hands could not refrain from holding Jiang Ningbao's face as he lowered his handsome face and his cool lips kissed the red lips he had longed for so long.

Two pairs of lips touched and their breaths intermingled.

Jiang Ningbao immediately froze and stared at the zoomed up handsome face. A sound resounded in her mind, as if millions of peach blossoms exploded.

So this was how it felt to kiss?