Chapter Thirty Nine

Around a quarter of an hour, Chun Xi who went to report came back and when she saw the few big boxes in the room, her face exhibit happiness.

"Lady, these are the compensation Duke Ding Residence gave us?"

Jiang Ningbao snapped out of her thoughts and nodded with a smile, "Yes. Chun Xi, tidy it up and put inside of the personal storage." Speaking this, she thought about it, rose, and took a red whip. She tried it a few times and the movements were fluid and natural.

"This whip is still as good as it was."

Jiang Ningbao nodded in satisfaction. She had not used a whip for many years so she was a bit rusty.

"Lady, why are you taking the whip out?" Chun Xi was busy tidying the things inside the boxes and saw her lady using a whip with eyes wide.

"I thought about it and feel that taking a whip outside is safer." Jiang Ningbao trailed over the red whip and her lips formed a light smile.

She had promised her mother, Madam Yang, to become a gentle and refined young lady. But this time, only this time, after her mother came back, she would understand her choice.

She was shot by an arrow from little king Xiao Ran today without any reason so there was a sense of danger in Jiang Ningbao's heart.

Who knew if she would encounter danger later on? Especially after she was remembered by the female lead.

Having a whip by her side, she could use it when there was danger and did not need to use her hands. Who knew if there was a male scammer who set up an accident?

Jiang Ningbao was not rest assured by her beautiful soft and weak and pitiful looks.

It attracted wolves too much.

Chun Xi could not help bu recall when her lady was still nine years old, she easily broke a tree and brought it down with her whip and shuddered. She trembled and spoke carefully, "Lady, you're already skilled. It's no difference whether there's a whip or not. Who would dare to bump into you?"

If her lady did not took out the red whip she had not used for years, Chun Xi who had gotten used to her lady's soft and weak looks would've forgotten how fierce her lady was when she was little.

At that time, there were the second master, second mistress, and the third young master who hid this so no one knew the lady's secret.

"We have to take precautions to prevent any accidents from happening. With the whip, I won't need to dirty my hand."Jiang Ningbao answered and put away the whip.

Chun Xi: "....."

The lady was always this vigilant even in peace time.

But after thinking about it, the lady was right. Going outside was indeed not safe, especially after the arrow today. It the lady had not reacted in time, she might have been injured.

At this moment, the master and servant duo never thought that the little king's objective today was only seeing Jiang Ningbao's real face.

Who let the little king always be domineering and abnormal?

Main Courtyard

First Madam Zhang who went back to the courtyard was furious. She shouted at the servants to go out, only leaving old servant Yang inside. She threw the things inside the room and her face was dark and scary.

"Madam, please ease your anger."

Old servant Yang was afraid. She looked at the floor full of broken pieces and water stain. Her heart was bleeding. These were all good high quality porcelain, but the madam broke them all to pieces.

If the old madam knew, she would scold the madam for wasting expenses.

"Pa!"

A glaze colored flower vase was broken to pieces, the flower inside the vase and the water fell on the flower.

"Ease my anger? Why should I? Once I think that those big boxes of compensation will be taken by that wretch from the second branch, how can I swallow this?"

First Madam Zhang heaved and she shouted in dark fury.

It was obviously the compensation she discussed with Heir Xie, but it actually fell on the hands of fourth girl. The old madam also pulled her down by pretending to be magnanimous. When they left, the count also glared at her, blaming her for not finishing this matter well. Who knew which fox's room he was resting in now?

She was busy for nothing.