Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Eight

Jiang Ningbao's pair of beautiful eyes flashed with a trace of fury and cold-hearted emotions. The hands in her sleeves gripped tightly. Old Madam Jiang actually used her older brother to threaten her. Cruel, really cruel enough.

Old Madam Jiang could use her older brother to threaten her because she did not agree to let the two old servants teach fifth sister today, when she married into Duke Ding Residence, once the count residence or other male cousins or female cousins need help, won't she use her older brother to threaten her?

Once she made concessions, they would ask more and be insatiable in the future.

Jiang Ningbao was thoroughly bitterly disappointed toward the old madam now. Jiang Ningbao thought that she did not like her and her mother but at least she still loved her older brother, the legitimate born grandson. Who knew that she was too naive?

Jiang Ningbao laughed self-mockingly.

Jiang Mingyao was stunned. She did not think that things would turn out that way. Her grandmother used her third male cousin to threaten her fourth sister. Jiang Mingyao's body trembled and knelt on the ground with a loud sound and kowtowed.

"Grandmother, please forgive this granddaughter for being unfilial, the two old servants are invited by Duke Ding Residence. Granddaughter does not have the right to receive their teaching."

After saying this, Jiang Mingyao kowtowed three times and stood up. She looked at the cold fourth sister with a complicated gaze and her lips moved. She said sorry without any sound and left Golden Longevity Hall with a straight back, not turning her head.

Jiang Ningbao's beautiful pupils widened slightly. She did not think that Jiang Mingyao would go against the old madam this decisively. She looked at the stunned old madam and smiled coldly, "Grandmother, fifth sister rejected your good intentions?"

Old Madam Jiang's face was dark and her eyes had a cold light. She fixedly stared at her fourth granddaughter. Jiang Ningbao stood there slim and graceful. On her tender and beautiful face, there was a mocking smile and it was very cold.

"Good, very good. You disrespectful girl, scram for me!"

Jiang Ningbao bowed nonchalantly and when she left, she faintly said, "Grandmother, granddaughter respects you, on the condition that you are worthy of granddaughter's respect."

"As a human, one should be emphatic. Don't forget, Changning Count Residence's big family property was given by granddaughter's biological father, but granddaughter and older brother had never gotten any help from the first branch. Even granddaughter's marriage was obtained by granddaughter myself."

"But the count residence wanted to use granddaughter's marriage to Duke Ding Residence to get more benefit. It can be said that aside from the identity of count residence's lady, granddaughter had never enjoyed any benefit from the count residence."

So don't think to get any unfair benefit.

Jiang Ningbao did not say that out loud but the servant girls all could hear the meaning.

"Without the identity of count residence's lady, do you think you can climb onto Duke Ding?" Old Madam Jiang's face was cold and a vein bulged.She slammed the tea table and coincidentally touched the tea cup.

The tea cup fell on the ground and broke into pieces. The tea also splashed on the ground.

"Grandmother can separate the residence from granddaughter and older brother." Jiang Ningbao was not at all scared by the old madam's fury as she spoke with an earnest tone.

Speaking of this, Jiang Ningbao wanted to separate the residence so badly and let her older brother establish another family and become the head.

A pity that separating the residence needed the permission of elders and the allowance from the clan.

Old Madam Jiang's fury was fueled further and her body trembled. She glared at Jiang Ningbao and used her trembling hand to point at Jiang Ningbao. She shouted. "Scram!"

Jiang Ningbao's eyes flashed with a trace of disappointment. As she expected, the old madam definitely won't allow the second branch to get separated. She did not even look at the old madam and decisively left the old madam's sight.

Stepping out of the Golden Longevity Hall, Jiang Ningbao looked at the dark clouds. This time, she finally released a big breath. She carelessly plucked a flower at the garden at the side with blooming bright red peony and played with it. Her lips could not stop the smile and her mood became light in an instant.

"Lady, you.....How can you pluck the red peony old madam loves so much?" Chun Xi saw her lady coming out of Golden Longevity Hall and saw her lady plucking a bright red peony in the hall and her heart jumped, almost shocked silly.

The middle-aged servant in the garden trembled with a fearful expression. This was the red peony that the old madam loved very much. A month ago, a middle aged servant woman accidentally ruined a red peony and after the old madam knew, she ordered someone to hit the servant with thirty big planks and the servant was still lying on the bed breathing until now.

The middle aged servant woman immediately knelt on the ground and pleaded for mercy.

"Fourth lady, you cannot pluck the peony in the garden, please give this servant a chance to live."

Jiang Ningbao casually crushed the red peony in her hand and said with a faint tone, "You're making a big fuss out of something small. It's only a flower, can it be more precious than the ladies and young masters in the residence?"

"You can directly tell grandmother that I plucked it. She won't punish you."

Saying this, under the fearful gaze of the middle aged servant woman, Jiang Ningbao plucked a few more bright red peony. Chun Xi and Chun Le at the side were so shocked they could not say anything.

The lady seemed to be a bit strange today.

"It seems like it's about to rain. Chun Xi, Chun Le, let us go back to the courtyard."

Her voice just fell when a white streak flashed across the abysmal dark sky and following that was a loud sound of thunder.

Chun Xi and Chun Le were shocked and immediately caught up to their lady to the west courtyard.

The middle aged servant woman saw the other servants secretly staring at her and clenching her teeth, she stood up with a fast speed and fear went to Golden Longevity Hall with fear and trepidation to report.