Chapter Seventy Eight

Fourth girl had only met Zhang Zhan once yesterday and had never met before, she definitely did not know that Zhang Zhan was born under the snake year. This dream was a bad omen.

"Old madam, Sir Zhang Zhan will live in the residence for a few days. Do you want to send people to escort him back to the Zhang family?" Hong Xing was good at reading others' expressions and she asked carefully.

"Let some people watch him first."

Old Madam Jiang felt lucky in her heart. Maybe fourth girl's nightmare was only a nightmare.

Coming out of Golden Longevity Hall, Jiang Ningbao had on a brilliant smile. This smile was coincidentally seen by Zhang Zhan who was not far from her. His eyes carried astonishment and a determination to have flashed through his eyes. As long as he married Jiang fourth miss, he could have both money and beauty. This kind of good matter, Zhang Zhan thanked his aunt not only once in his heart.

He was about to go over when a little lady wearing a pink dress barred his way. The lady was the first branch's concubine born daughter and was favored by Changning Count. From the moment she saw Zhang Zhan, she had liked him.

The small road was a little wet and Jiang Ningbao who did not know that someone almost blocked her road lifted her skirt and went to the main courtyard.

"Lady, you seem to be happy?" Chun Xi asked in curiosity.

"Yes, once I think of the possibility that Old Madam Xie would enter the palace for a marriage decree, I feel happy." Jiang Ningbao smiled and did not speak of her plan to scheme against Zhang Zhan.

"Speaking of Old Madam Xie, I miss Duke Ding a bit. I wonder if he's in the residence right now? I've promised him that I will send him a few earthen jugs of medicinal wine. If he is in the residence, I decided to visit personally to appear more sincere."

Jiang Ningbao spoke as she walked.

Chun Xi, who was following behind her, had her jaw dropping. "....."

Lady, what about your restraint?

"Right, Chun Xi, go and tell Manager Yao today to gather more herbs. I want to brew some medicinal wines." Jiang Ningbao thought of something and suddenly ordered.

"Yes, my lady." Chun Xi immediately answered.

People scurried around in the main courtyard. Old servant Yang was busy ordering the other servants to put the luggage on the carriage. When she saw Jiang Ningbao coming over, her face immediately sank.

"Fourth lady, the madam is unwell. You should go back."

Jiang Ningbao was not angry. After asking about First Madam Zhang, she stood at the side with Chun Xi and did not leave. Actually, she came here only to put on an act to show the outsiders.

Of course, she could not leave just after Old servant Yang said a sentence. Others could easily make this a subject of ridicule.

Old servant Yang could not help but glare at her, her heart was thinking that this fourth miss was really hard to get rid of. No wonder the four clever servants girls could not even do a simple matter.

She misjudged her in the past.

After around a quarter of an hour, First Madam Zhang sat on the carriage lifted by the servants. Jiang Ningbao stared at her and was surprised. She did not think that after only a night, Madam Zhang who was attacked by the ominous energy seemed to change. The thick make-up could not hide her thinness and her pallidness. She seemed dispirited and listless, leaning on the small carriage with no energy, as if she had aged ten years in a single night.

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

The might of the ominous energy seemed to be bigger than expected.

No wonder Madam Zhang wanted to live in the temple for a while. Only the eminent monk in the temple could drive out the cold ominous energy. If not, in less than three days, Madam Zhang would be incomparably weak and would stay sick on the bed.

There was also another possibility that Madam Zhang's body was weak to begin with and with the attack of the ominous energy, it became this severe.

Jiang Ningbao leaned on the second possibility.

As time flew, the people visiting the main courtyard increased.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming, Jiang Zhuo, Jiang Yue, and Zhang Zhan who temporarily resided in the count residence. There were also the first branch's concubines and their children, all there to send off Madam Zhang.

Jiang Mingyao also came, being clustered by a bunch of servants. Her face was cool and only when she looked at Madam Zhang did a trace of worry appeared in her eyes.

Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao met eye to eye and averted their gazes.

Old servant Yang saw this scene and was relieved in her heart. It seemed that fifth lady listened to her words. Now, she did not need to worry of her being schemed by fourth lady.

Madam should rest assured.

When the carriage arrived, it was already around eleven o'clock. First Madam Zhang carelessly noticed that within the group that sent her off, there was a slim and graceful figure. When she saw Jiang Ningbao, First Madam Zhang cracked and hatred rushed in her heart.

A pity that Madam Zhang could do nothing at that moment, only glaring coldly at Jiang Ningbao.

Jiang Ningbao's mouth curved and she happily waved her hand toward First Madam Zhang.

Oldest aunt seemed to hate her very much.