Chapter Fifty Seven

The noon of spring was warm with sunlight. Gentle breeze flew, making people comfortable.

Jiang Ningbao was walking to the gates with Duke Ding Xie Heng. Her heart was happy and her feet were light. Her brows carried a smile like a blooming flower spreading intoxicating scent.

Duke Ding Xie Heng, this cold and pure man with firm temperament, warned himself again that he agreed to marry the little lady because of responsibility. But once he thought that the little lady by his side would soon be his little wife, his heart rose to strange ripples.

The two walked shoulder to shoulder and the air between them were harmonious.

The man was tall and handsome, the girl was delicate, small, and beautiful. The two airs of supreme manly coldness and supreme soft and warmth were shown on their bodies vividly and incisively.

The servants in the residence stealthily glanced at the future mistress of the duke residence with eyes carrying happiness and respect. Only those who were loyal to Heir Xie were left with complicated emotions.

Actually, Jiang fourth miss was really good. Warm, beautiful, and had special air.

Why would the heir annul the engagement?

Maybe Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest miss was more charming?

"Sir duke, what do you like to do in your spare time?" Jiang Ningbao's lips carried a smile as she asked softly, wanting to know more about Duke Ding's habits and hobby.

"Copying the Buddhist Scripture?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng's steps halted and answered with doubt. His voice was cold and deep as always.

Jiang Ningbao was stunned. She did not think that Duke Ding would copy Buddhist Scriptures in his spare time. Then she thought that aside from relying on the Buddhist beads to suppress his ominous energy, chanting the scripture or copying the sutra could make the heart calmer and stabilize the ominous energy.

Her gaze fell on the purple wooden Buddhist bracelet on Duke Ding's wrist. Her mind could not help imagining Duke Ding who was overflowing with ominous energy sat straight on the chair and seriously copying the Buddhist scripture.

Jiang Ningbao's mind swayed and her heart felt as if something struck it as it jumped 'thump, thump'.

Duke Ding Xie Heng noticed the abnormality on the little lady and he stopped his footsteps as he stared at her. His cold and deep voice carried concern.

"Are you alright?"

Jiang Ningbao's face blushed. She actually thought of strange things in front of the duke. She immediately shook her head.

"I'm fine. Sir duke, can you send me a Buddhist scripture you copied?" Saying this, Jiang Ningbao's pair of beautiful eyes stared fixedly at Duke Ding with anticipation.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes carried hesitation. The Buddhist scripture he copied carried a bit of his ominous energy, but once he thought that the little lady was not affected by it, he nodded, "Okay."

As he said this, he ordered a black clothed personal guard and the guard left quietly. Less than fifteen minutes laters, the black clothed personal guard came back with <Vajracchedika-sutra> Duke Ding personally copied.

Duke Ding Xie Heng saw this <Vajracchedika-sutra>. It was the sutra he copied five years ago. He was dazed for a second and gave it to the little lady.

"The sutra you want."

Jiang Ningbao's mouth curved and took the sutra from his hand. She opened it with anticipation and was surprised.

The words on the Buddhist scripture were bold and sturdy, vigorous and powerful with sharpness, pressing momentum and ominous energy.

The words were like the writer.

Duke Ding's strong and vigorous words that exposed the strength of character made Jiang Ningbao filled with praise.

But this sutra, making this sutra having this kind of ominous energy, only Duke Ding could do it.

Jiang Ningbao sighed in her heart.