Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Nine

Old Madam Jiang was furious. As a trusted servant, Hong Xing immediately gave Old Madam Jiang tea. Who knew that someone would rush in at this time and knelt on the ground?

"Old Madam, this servant deserves death. Fourth lady plucked a few of your favorite red peonies outside in the garden."

In the residence, who did not know that the old madam loved red peonies the most?

The fourth lady was hitting the old madam's face on purpose.

Old Madam Jiang's anger that had not subsided, after hearing that her fourth granddaughter had the guts to pluck her red peonies, threw the teacup in her hand into fragments.

At this time, the sky thundered.

All the people in the main hall did their best to lower their presence and the furious Old Madam Jiang actually fainted.

Golden Longevity Hall descended into chaos.

.....

At this time, Jiang Ningbao took the chance that the rain was still light to lift her skirt and rushed back to the west courtyard. When she just stepped into the room, before she regained her breath, the rain outside poured down.

Chun Xi and Chun Le immediately closed the window.

Jiang Ningbao wore a red butterfly weaved patterned long skirt and silently stood at the eaves of a veranda, looking like a blooming begonia, bright and beautiful. A white flash appeared in the sky and then a thunderous roar followed as the rain poured down to wash the earth.

At this time, a long figure holding a blue silk parasol appeared in front of her.

"Brother, why are you here?"

Jiang Ningbao saw her older brother Jiang Jin coming over and her mouth curved into a bright smile. She took out a clean handkerchief and gave it to him. Once Jiang Jin was in the veranda, he put aside the blue silk parasol and took the handkerchief to clean his face. Then, he asked with concern, "Ningbao, did grandmother make things difficult for you?"

Jiang Ningbao stayed silent and slowly told what happened in Golden Longevity Hall to her older brother. In the end, she started at her older brother and asked with a calm tone, "If I step back today, then I would be forced to step back innumerable times later. Brother, I don't regret going against grandmother, do you blame me?"

Jiang Jin's handsome face sank and veins bulged on his forehead. His heart was cold.

This was his good grandmother.

Jiang Jin looked at Jiang Ningbao's stubborn and pretty face. His long fingers touched her head and gently took her into his arms and spoke with heartache, "Ningbao, you did the right thing. It's brother who is not strong enough and let you get wronged."

Jiang Ningbao's nose was sour and she raised her head to give a sly smile to Jiang Jin.

"Brother, I don't feel wronged. I'm not the type of person to stay silent when being wronged. When I was on the way back, I even purposely plucked a few of grandmother's favorite red peonies."

Jiang Jin heard this and his heart felt at ease. After he went back to his academy, Ningbao's personality was not one that would suffer losses. A smile appeared on his cold and handsome face, "Naughty, but...you did good."

"Later, I will write a letter to tell the duke." Jiang Ningbao smiled brightly and did not hide her intention to lodge a complaint.

Jiang Jin raised his brow and patted her head with a smile, "Brother supports you."

Ningbao even studied how to lodge a complaint to the duke. This was good. Duke Ding will definitely protect Ningbao. The actions of grandmother today made his heart go thoroughly cold. Even biological grandmother was like this to Ningbao, the people in Changning Count Residence could not be relied on.

"Yes, I will go write a letter to Duke Ding now." Jiang Ningbao's smile became brighter. She looked at the downpour outside and left Jiang Jin's embrace. She lifted her skirt and went back to her room to write a letter.

Jiang Jin: "....."

In the span of around fifteen minutes, Jiang Ningbao had written down the letter and let Chun Le tell someone to send this to Duke Ding Residence. At this time, news came from Golden Longevity Hall. The old madam fainted.

Jiang Ningbao laughed lightly and it was time to eat. She let Chun Xi go to the kitchen to tell them that she had no intention to brave through the rain and see the old madam in Golden Longevity Hall.

But Jiang Jin was different. He could not be given the title of unfilial so he could only take his blue silk parasol along with two male servants to go to Golden Longevity Hall through the rain.

"Chun Xi, let the kitchen make some soup. After the third young master goes back, let them send it." She will pamper her own brother. Relying on the relatives in the count residence? Dream on.

Duke Ding Residence.

When Duke Ding got the letter Jiang Ningbao sent, a trace of warmth softness flashed through his eyes. He wondered what the little lady wrote and he opened it with anticipation. When he read it, the softness in his eyes receded and the letter in his hand was ripped to shreds.

In his mind, he could not help but imagine the little lady hiding in her bed to cry after being bullied by her relatives. Duke Ding's heart seized and her cold face had a layer of frost. The ominous energy on his body exploded out of control and the study was filled with tyrannical coldness.

The black clothed guards at the door of the study suddenly felt a chilling coldness that made others feel fear. They looked at each other. Didn't the duke just receive a letter from Jiang fourth miss?

Could it be that something happened to Jiang fourth miss that made the duke angry?The black clothed personal guards all had concern on their faces.

At this time, a cold and stern voice came from the study.

"Prepare a carriage to Changning Count Residence!"