Chapter Eighty Five

Her lady had her engagement annulled before and she seemed calm about it, even saying that she would get married to Duke Ding. Chun Xi was very worried in her heart, but now, she felt that her lady had the right foresight.

"Alright, we've seen it. Let us head back. Right now, the courtyard is probably filled with betrothal gifts."

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly and there was joy in her warm voice.

Returning to the courtyard, a bunch of black clothed guards who emitted stern and harsh air was at her courtyard with the servants in Changning Count Residence. Bai Mei and the others were coincidentally looking at the list.

Once Jiang Ningbao arrived at the courtyard, the black clothed guards all greeted her respectfully.

"Greeting Jiang fourth miss."

"This is the list of betrothal gifts, there are four copies. Jiang fourth miss, please accept this list." A black clothed guard handed her a list.

Jiang Ningbao nodded with a smile and spoke with a sonorous voice, "You all have worked hard." She took the list and gave it to Chun Xi, telling her to keep it well.

The faces of Bai Mei and the others changed slightly. They never thought that Duke Ding would be this detailed. It seemed that the order of the count to take a part of the betrothal gifts could not be done.

Jiang Ningbao glanced at them and understood what the four servants were thinking in their hearts. She smiled coldly in her heart. Her oldest uncle was really good, even daring to want the betrothal gifts Duke Ding gave her.

After all the betrothal gifts were put in the storage room, the black clothed personal guards left and the courtyard recovered its silence.

Jiang Ningbao sipped her tea and looked down at the four servants in silence. The big room was very silent and one could hear the sound of falling leaves.

The stifling atmosphere made Bai Mei and the others did not dare to breathe heavily and sweat made their backs wet.

A moment later, Jiang Ningbao faintly spoke.

"Later, clean up your things and go back to the main courtyard. This place does not need servants who live off a person while secretly helping others."

"Yes, lady."

Once those words were spoken, Bai Mei and the others felt despair and they all left with their heads lowered.

Chun Xi was happy. They finally could get rid of Bai Mei and the others. It was tiring to guard against them everyday.

"Lady, do we need to hire people from outside the residence? What if the old madam disagreed?"

"Grandmother will agree." Jiang Ningbao's pair of eyes were rippling with gleam. Having the identity as Duke Ding's fiancee, Old Madam Jiang who prioritized benefits won't reject her small request.

Before, she was Xie Jingyi's fiancee and Old Madam Jiang only looked at her a little higher. She was treated no different and could not be compared to how the legal children from the first branch were treated.

Because Xie Jingyi was heir only in name and did not get the acknowledgement of the emperor.

Who knew what kind of change would occur?

Duke Ding and Xie Jingyi were not on the same level. The master of Duke Ding Residence was only Duke Ding and he had war merits with high position and much authority.

Chun Xi also thought of this. Her face was full of smiles.

Old Madam Jiang was as Jiang Ningbao expected, immediately agreeing to her request. Now, the servants in the courtyard were her people and Chun Xi felt at ease.

At the same time, someone told the fourth lady that the marriage would be held on the first day of the fifth month.

There was still more than one month from the marriage date.

It was not long nor short. It was good for preparing for the marriage ceremony.

The marriage decree was just given and Duke Ding personally proposed. The one hundred and eight boxes of betrothal gifts made Jiang Ningbao became a hot topic once more.

The eyes of Yang Shuqing who just calmed down turned red once she heard of this 'tragic news'. One hundred and eight boxes of betrothal gifts! Thinking to her own betrothal gifts, Yang Shuqing curled her fists until her nails dug into her palm and did not feel the pain.

She felt wronged and not resigned. She obviously lived once more and it was not the same as the previous time. This life, all was smooth and people praised her. She also ruthlessly avenged the enemies from previous life.

Even the powerful and influential man who pampered his wife, Xie Jingyi, became her fiance, but why did she still feel that she could not compare to Jiang Ningbao.....?

Jiang Ningbao, who was thought by Yang Shuqing, was nested in her room. She leaned on the table and her pair of beautiful eyes stared at the opened letter on it. She bit her writing brush and her face showed that she was at a loss.

How should she write a love letter that could stir sir duke's heart?

Jiang Ningbao, who never had a romantic relationship before, felt deep anxiety.