Chapter One Hundred and Five

Jiang Ningbao could not help but laugh and ate another strawberry. She thought that Old Madam Jiang would surely be so infuriated that she vomited blood. Old Madam Jiang let her take Zhang Zhan this morning, who knew that Zhang Zhan would be lucky to save the second legal daughter of the vice leader of the Ministry of Civil Personnel and her second male cousin got nothing, wasting the opportunity of attending the flower admiring banquet.

Vice leader of the Ministry of Civil Personnel.....In the book, this person chose a side but in secret, he went and sought refuge with King Qin's government official.

If Zhang Zhan married the second daughter of the vice leader of the Ministry of Civil Personnel, won't that be equal to standing on King Qin's side? King Qin was the next emperor Yang Shuqing chose.

That's right. Chose.

Yang Shuqing was a reborn woman and she knew what would happen in the future. She felt that she could support King Qin to sit on that throne.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes were slightly curved.

It seemed that she had to get Qianyuan Emperor's diagnosis fast and cured the emperor's body soon. As long as the emperor did not die early and had children, those King Qin and King Jin won't have any chance.

Yang Shuqing's plans would also be for nothing.

Thinking like this, Jiang Ningbao wrote a letter to her big brother Jiang Jin so that no one would use the matter of her oldest uncle fainting to make things difficult for him.

When it's afternoon, Manager Yao sent a batch of medicinal materials.

The side west courtyard was covered tightly by Jiang Ningbao's people and it was difficult for others to get information.

Jiang Ningbao had no intention of keeping secret about her act of brewing wine this time and she brewed wine in front of Chun Xi and Chun Le. There were many ways to brew medicinal wine and flower wine and brewing wine was normal. The steps were also very simple.

Around an hour later, Jiang Ningbao sealed the big earthen jugs and put them in the wine cellar to keep for around a month before it could be drunk.

Chun Xi was composed but Chun Le's face was filled with surprise. She could also brew some simple medicinal wines and after knowing that the medicinal wines her lady brewed had mystical effects, she thought there was some secret to it. But now, she saw the ways and steps of brewing medicinal wine had no special difference. How could it make such wines with mystical effects?

Chun Le was bewildered.

"This is the lady's special ability." Chun Xi heard Chun Le's unconscious mutter and could not help but speak proudly.

"Lady is amazing."

Chun Le was enlightened. No wonder the lady would brew wine in front of them, so it was a special ability only the lady had. The lady must be a lucky person cared for by the sky.

Chun Le's heart became more loyal to the lady and more respectful.

Jiang Ningbao heard the two servant girls' conversation and laughed in her heart. Chun Le was Manager Yao's daughter and her mouth was tight. She was not afraid that Chun Le could tell others of her ability.

After brewing a few jugs of medicinal wine, Jiang Ningbao went to take a bath spiritedly.

"Lady, Sir Zhang tidied his things and left the count residence." Chun Xi made fragrant tea for her lady and told this news to her lady happily.

Jiang Ningbao who had just taken a bath carelessly tied her hair and her whole body leaned on the soft couch as she read through the book. Hearing Chin Xi's words, she smiled slightly.

"Sir Zhang must be thinking to go back and prepare betrothal gifts."

"Second daughter of the Ministry of Civil Personnel's vice leader. Sir Zhang really climbed high."

Jiang Ningbao revealed a meaningful smile.

The better Zhang Zhan's future prospects were, the more Old Mada Jiang regretted in her heart. Madam Zhang, this pit that dug her son, won't be getting anything good.

Madam Zhang's good days were coming to an end.

Nearing night, the news of Changning Count suddenly fainting could no longer be suppressed and it spread out.

If it was before, no one would pay attention to a small count residence with no prospect. But Changning Count Residence was lucky to have the fourth miss from the second branch who got a marriage decree from the emperor and would marry into Duke Ding Residence, becoming Duchess Ding. They could not help but pay attention.

Jiang Ningbao knew that the news of her oldest uncle fainting had spread out and she did not care about it. Oldest uncle would only faint for a few days and would wake up later. But after she went out the courtyard, her face still revealed a worried expression.

The count suddenly fainting made the servants scared but with Old Madam Jiang taking charge, Changning Count Residence was still as usual, only the dinner at night became lighter.

This night, Changning Count Residence's first branch fell into panic.

Jiang Ningbao had a good night's sleep.

On the second day, Jiang Ningbao received a basket of fresh fruits Duke Ding Xie Heng sent. There were still water droplets on the fruits and it was obvious that they were just picked from the hamlet.

"Xie Qi, this is specially sent by the duke for me?"

Jiang Ningbao looked at the fresh fruits in the big basket and her heart felt a little sweet. Her soft face was full of pleasant surprise. This was the first time the duke sent her something.

She did not think that it would be a big basket of fresh fruits. The duke was really humble, the thing he sent was different from others.

Xie Qi nodded respectfully.

"Right, the master also said that from today on, he will send you a basket of fresh fruits everyday." Xie Qi honestly conveyed Duke Ding Xie Heng's words.

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

A basket was a pleasant surprise but a basket everyday made Jiang Ningbao muddled. She could not help but went through her memories with Duke Ding. What did she do that gave the duke the wrong impression that she was a foodie?

A big basket everyday, how could she eat them all?

If she gave her servants, won't this be stepping on the duke's kind intention?

"Xie Qi, tell the duke to not send more in the future. I cannot finish them all by myself and would make the duke's kind intention go in vain." Jiang Ningbao immediately spoke.

Xie Qi: "....."

Finished, the duke tried to be clever but ended in a blunder. Jiang fourth miss did not seem to like these fruits.

Xie Qi went back to report to the duke with unsettled emotions.

Duke Ding Xie Heng heard Xie Qi's report and his brows knitted. His handsome face flashed with astonishment. He obviously did it like the handsome guy in the book and he also sent all the fruits the little lady would eat. Why was the reaction of the little lady and the official's daughter different?

Where did he make a mistake?

Duke Ding Xie Heng seriously flipped "Official Lady and Handsome Husband"once more.

He confirmed that his method was not wrong.

Perhaps the little lady was embarrassed and spoke words with the opposite meaning.

Duke Ding Xie Heng thought that he found the reason and ordered Xie Qi to keep on sending the little lady a basket of fruits.

Xie Qi: "....."