Chapter Sixty

The sunlight during the afternoon was the most brilliant.

His ex-fiancee who wore light blue white magnolia dress was beautiful and tender, her eyes were bright and her brows carried elegance and intellectual brilliance. She looked frail and beautiful.

At this moment, he was standing next to a handsome man emitting sharp and ominous energy. Under the sunlight, the two of them looked like a pair of jade.

Heir Xie never thought that once he arrived in the residence, he would see the scene of his ex-fiance and his adopted father standing next to each other and looking harmonious.

The bottom of Heir Xie's eyes flashed with shock and bewilderment. His mind recalled the scene where his ex-fiance declared that she would get married to Duke Ding. His heart rose with a disbelieving taste.

A moment later, he slowly got down the horse. He went down on a spot not far from the main gates. He patted his gown lightly and greeted Duke Ding respectfully.

"Greeting father."

Jiang Ningbao heard Heir Xie called Duke Ding 'father' respectfully and her gaze could not help but sweep through the two of them. One had a domineering attitude and was handsome and strong while the other was cool, handsome, and noble.

They were both excellent and were not mundane. They were also young.

Jiang Ningbao's heart unknowingly felt happy.

The two of them were nine years apart. Ancient people matured early, but they also became a father after more than ten years. Seeing this pair of father and son, she really wanted to ask Old Madam Xie why she chose Xie Jingyi to be adopted at that time.

Could she not adopt a two to three years old child?

But once she thought back to the book revealing that Duke Ding died in his prime and the male lead inherited the position of duke, Jiang Ningbao could not help but suspect that there was a secret others did not know about.

The guards by Heir Xie's side did not think that they would see the duke who rarely went back and they all went down their horses and respectfully greeted the duke with loud voices.

"Greeting the duke!"

The male servant who accompanied Heir Xie to the government office saw Jiang Ningbao and waves rose in his heart.

The girl by the duke's side was actually Jiang fourth miss.

Yang Shuqing who was in the carriage heard her fiance calling 'father' and the guards all shouting 'Duke Ding' and her heart was happy. Could it be that Duke Ding specially went back from the Western Suburbs for the engagement of the heir?

It seemed that Duke Ding placed great importance on Heir Xie.

Thinking like this, Yang Shuqing opened the curtain in happiness. Who knew that she would see the elegant and dazzling Jiang Ningbao who was smiling like a flower blooming? Yang Shuqing's eyes flashed with astonishment and the happiness on her face receded and her face sunk. The gaze she used to see Jiang Ningbao carried hostility and coldness.

Jiang fourth miss actually came at Duke Ding Residence.

The news of her and Heir Xie settling their engagement had spread throughout the capital. Now, Heir Xie was her fiance. Jiang fourth miss actually did not give up, coveting her fiance. Yang Shuqing's face went taut and her face went cold a few degrees.

"Jiang Ningbao!"

Yang Shuqing lowered her voice and spoke the name word by word. Her voice was cold and biting, making others' hearts feel cold.

The pressure in the carriage suddenly became cold, making the servants by her side, Qian Rong and Qian Bi, to lower their heads. Their sweat covered their backs.

As the oldest miss' trusted servants, they knew better than anyone how cruel and merciless the oldest miss was and how good her means were. Even Concubine Yan who was favored for nearly twenty years fell in her hand. Not to mention that she ruined the reputation of the concubine born young misses and young masters.

Now that Jiang fourth miss was hated by the oldest miss, Qian Rong and Qian Bi shivered coldly. They could predict Jiang fourth miss's tragic ending.

Once the oldest miss struck, it would be bullseye.

Duke Ding Xie Heng stared at the handsome adopted son of his without saying anything. He thought of the reports from the guards and recalling the white hair of his mother, the ominous energy in his eyes went brutal. The ominous energy on his body moved and a strong oppression, carrying strong and awe-inspiring ominous energy attacked Xie Jingyi.

The bunch of guards on the back saw the duke suddenly making things difficult for them and they thought that the heir had made the duke angry. They all knelt on the ground with white faces as they forcefully resisted the attack of the ominous energy. Beads of sweat fell non-stop and they all shouted with fear.

"Sir duke, spare us!"

Yang Shuqing and her two servant girls who did not go down the carriage were also swept by the sudden explosion of Duke Ding's ominous energy. Yang Shuqing's face became white in an instant and she felt it hard to breathe. She breathed heavily and deeply, fear flashing across her eyes.

Duke Ding was scary.

Only his momentum already made people frightened.

Fortunately, fortunately Duke Ding only had a short of two years left to live. If not, with the existence of such a scary person in Duke Ding Residence, she was afraid that she would lose her life.

Yang Shuqing could not help but shivered coldly.

"Father, may I ask what this son did to make you angry?"

Heir Xie's straight figure swaggered and almost knelt in front of the crowd. His cool and handsome face revealed a trace of paleness and astonishment. He could not help but settle his gaze on his ex-fiancee who was standing next to his adopted father.

This was a strange feeling. Heir Xie felt that the reason his father was this angry had something to do with his ex-fiancee.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes met with Heir Xie's eyes. She understood the meaning in his eyes and she gave him a pretty smile. She used her mouth to silently said: This has nothing to do with me.

Her heart was sighing. As expected of the male lead. He could actually stand straight facing the duke's enormous momentum.

Duke Ding Xie Heng heard his adopted son's question and the ominous energy in his eyes condensed brutally once more, deep and biting. The dignity between his brows seemed to be released and pressured Xie Jingyi. His low and deep voice carried sharpness like a blade.

"Unfilial!"

"Unjust!"

The faces of the guards behind Heir Xie turned white and their foreheads had cold sweat that drenched their backs. The duke's momentum was really scary, but they respected the woman who stood beside the duke calmly even more.

Unfilial.....Unjust.....