Chapter Sixty Eight

Old Madam Jiang's eyes shot out her happy feeling. She was so moved that her hands were slightly shaking. It was obvious she never thought that this fourth girl could get near Duke Ding without being affected. This was the chance for Changning Count Residence to rise.

"Fourth girl, you really can get near Duke Ding?" Old Madam Jiang could not help but want to confirm this.

Jiang Ningbao nodded in confirmation, "Yes."

This matter could not be kept a secret. Tomorrow, Old Madam Xie will go to Clear Water Temple to choose an auspicious day. After that, she would enter the palace to get a marriage decree. It should be around one to two days.

Madam Zhang's face was dark and sullen. She was gritting her teeth in hatred mentally. She did not think that there would be a day she would make an error in judgement.

She thought Jiang Ningbao was a meek little sheep, who knew that she actually had hard bones to chew.

Now, she had a relationship with Duke Ding.

How hateful!

Once she thought that the generous dowry in fourth girl's hands would fly away, Madam Zhang's heart had a trace of anxiety. She silently bit her lips. It seemed that she could not wait anymore. She did not believe that a fallen woman could get married to Duke Ding Residence.

"So this is the sutra Duke Ding personally wrote. Fourth girl, can your oldest aunt have a look?" Madam Zhang took a deep breath and calmed down. She had on a smile as she asked.

Once she asked, Old Madam Jiang also had interest.

Jiang Ningbao raised her brow. The sutra Duke Ding wrote had a trace of ominous energy, though it was not much. Strangely, no one seemed to feel the presence of the ominous energy.

"Oldest aunt, not everyone can see the sutra Duke Ding wrote." Jiang Ningbao pretended to care as she shook her head. She could not open the sutra Duke Ding copied eagerly. If that time, the oldest aunt had a mishap, she would be blamed.

Especially when there were still other servants in the hall.

Gossip was a fearful thing.

Although she was not afraid of gossip, Jiang Ningbao preferred to make a few turns and stand on the reasonable side first.

First Madam Zhang could not help but darkened her face, "Fourth girl, what do you mean?"

Old Madam Jiang who sat in the main hall could not help but furrow her brows, her eyes flashed with an unchanging flash. Could it be that having Duke Ding as her backing, this granddaughter's heart swell?

"Oldest aunt, this Buddhist sutra is not the same. There's Duke Ding's ominous energy tainting it, not suitable for you to see." Jiang Ningbao revealed an awkward expression and tried to tactfully explain. When she saw her oldest aunt's face smeared with anger, her heart secretly laughed.

"If you really want to look, niece will let you look."

First Madam Zhang smiled coldly. The more fourth girl spoke like that, the more she did not believe it and the more she wanted to take a look at the Buddhist sutra. At first, she only spoke it without any intention, but now, Madam Zhang felt that fourth girl was challenging her.

She must take a look at the Buddhist sutra.

"Mother, you see how smooth the fourth girl lies? What tainted by Duke Ding's ominous energy, what a lie!"

Old Madam Jiang nodded faintly. It was obvious that she also thought Jiang Ningbao to be lying.

"Fourth girl, your oldest aunt wants to see so let her see. It's only a sutra, not some rare treasure."

"Yes, grandmother."

Jiang Ningbao pursed her lips and sighed lightly. She presented the sutra in her hands with a heavy hearted expression. Seeing her oldest aunt take it eagerly, Jiang Ningbao was afraid that she could not hold it in and laugh. This oldest aunt was really digging her grave.

What could Jiang Ningbao do? Of course it's to help her.