Chapter Eighty Seven

After he rubbed the bracelet he wore and calmed down, he remembered that the little lady wanted his reply. Hesitation appeared on Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold and stern handsome face and a moment later, he finally took the paper and held the writing brush. He sat straight and seriously wrote his reply letter.

On the letter paper, he wrote four simple and big words.

I've read it. Agreed.

And then, he signed his name below it. He habitually took the seal and when he was about to stamp it, he realized that he was not sorting out documents at that moment. Duke Ding's hand stiffened and put the seal back to its place.

After waiting for the ink to dry, Duke Ding took the letter and when he was about to put it in an envelope, his gaze fell on the two words 'Xie Heng'. His sword-like brows unconsciously knitted. He felt that something was lacking.

He thought of the sentence the little lady wrote, 'Your most beloved fiance Jiang Ningbao'. Duke Ding Xie Heng hesitated once more and he held the brush in his hands. He did not write anything for a long time and in the end, with a solemn face, he added the words 'Your most beloved fiance' in the letter.

With the addition of four words, the letter seemed to look better.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's mood suddenly felt a bit happy. He put the letter in the envelope and sealed it well. He raised his handsome face to look at Xie Qi and his voice was low and cold.

"Give this letter to Jiang fourth miss' hands."

"Master, it's already dark. Should this servant go through the main door or climb the wall?" Xie Qi took the letter and asked.

Once he said this, Xie Qi could feel the temperature in the room lowering as if snow rained in there, cold to the bone. His face could not help but turn white and he wished to slap his own mouth for talking without filtering.

Jiang fourth miss was the future madam. The walls of her courtyard were not something an underling like him could climb, right?

Duke Ding was silent for a moment and spoke faintly, "Climb wall."

Xie Qi was shocked: "....."

That was Changning Count Residence where Jiang fourth miss lived in. Could he really climb the wall to get in?

"Climb the count residence's wall and give her the letter through the backdoor where she lives." Duke Ding's sharp and ice cold eyes stared at Xie Qi. There was a warning he neglected within his cold tone.

"This underling understands." Xie Qi wiped his sweat and spoke respectfully.

"Go."

Duke Ding looked at Xie Qi coldly and took the document on the table to read, The candle light illuminated Duke Ding's cold and stern face.

It was almost the exact same as what he saw when he came in, but Xie Qi realized that there seemed to be a weird air on the duke.

After Xie Qi left, the room was silent with only the sound of the candle burning.

Duke Ding Xie Heng suddenly put down the document in his hands and his gaze fell on the box beside the table in which he kept the letter the little lady wrote. Once he thought of the content of the letter, his calm heart jumped uncontrollably and his ears were burning with heat.

"Lately, my heart jumps too erratically. Could it be that I got an illness?" Duke Ding's sword like brows knitted and uncertainty flashed across his ominous filled eyes. "The little lady seems to have a heart sickness. I will call an imperial doctor to check tomorrow."

As he thought he found out the reason for his abnormal heartbeat, Duke Ding returned to being cold and calm.

.....

The night was cold like water and the moonlight was like frost.

Tonight, Jiang Ningbao's courtyard was not as silent as it used to. There were a lot of servants going back and forth in the courtyard and they spoke silently, giving a few rowdiness.

Before nightfall, Chun Xi contacted Manager Yao and sent the people needed over to them. The male servants, chicken staff, and the servant girls were all gathered and could provide food in their own courtyard.

By Jiang Ningbao's side, there was another servant, Chun Le, who was Manager Yao's daughter. Chun Le did not look like the other girls, she had a smiley face. Once someone looked at her, even if she was not smiling, others would feel like she was, which was nice to look at.

At this time, Chun Le entered and presented her smiley face, "Lady, the hot water is prepared, please take a bath."

Jiang Ningbao responded weakly and walked to the side bathroom.

The hot air from the bathtub swirled and there were flower petals floating on the water. Chun Xi stood by the side to serve. Seeing her lady coming in, she immediately helped to take off her clothes.

Jiang Ningbao buried herself in the water, revealing white and shining shoulders. She sighed in comfort.

Chun Xi stood behind the wooden bathtub and scrubbed her lady's back.

"Chun Xi, do you think the duke will reply to my letter?" Jiang Ningbao spoke softly and her face showed her unsettled feelings.

This was the first love letter she wrote in both her lives and her wordings were bold with no warm shyness a girl would have. Would he feel his heart tickled or would he throw it at the side or felt that she was too bold?

Dayue Dynasty was open and there were many women who dared to love and hate openly, but the difference between them and her was that she had a marriage decree and her marriage was settled.

Moreover, it was not weird for her to write a love letter to her fiance. It could only be said that this was conversing their feelings.

After Jiang Ningbao sent the letter, she was unsettled. It was now seven to nine p.m. but there was still no reply yet. She began to let her imagination run wild.

"He should be," Chun Xi answered with hesitation.

Jiang Ningbao sighed and her brows had a light anxiety. She finally knew what 'a day was like a year' felt like.