Chapter Seventy Five

Zhang Zhan saw Jiang fourth miss' face full of indifference and she did not even give him a glance. His eyes flashed and he looked at his cousin Jiang Zhuo. Jiang Zhuo silently moved his mouth toward Changning Count's direction, telling him to remain calm.

Zhang Zhan nodded slightly.

"Oldest uncle, I will visit my oldest aunt." The gazes full of tender feelings Zhang Zhan sent her once in a while made Jiang Ningbao feel disgusted. Seeing the sky about to go dark, almost time for dinner, she could not help but say.

She did not want to eat dinner with this bunch of people.

"Fourth sister, I will go with you." The cool and cold Jiang Mingyao suddenly spoke.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming nodded without care. "Yes, you go together. Looking is good." After that, he called a servant girl who led his niece and Yao'er over.

The few concubine born sisters saw Jiang Ningbao left and they secretly heaved a sigh of relief with gazes filled with happiness. With the fourth sister present, Cousin Zhan was attracted to her, he won't pay attention to them.

Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao went to the main room together with Chun Xi and another servant girl behind them.

The two of them followed the leading servant soundlessly. Jiang Mingyao opened her mouth but did not say anything. Old servant Yang saw the fourth lady came and her face sank as her voice carried a trace of coldness.

"Fourth lady, fifth lady, the madam is asleep. Please go back."

Jiang Ningbao saw this and looked at the tightly shut door. Her voice was soft and gentle, "Since my oldest aunt is asleep, then I will not disturb. I will visit my oldest aunt another day."

"Fourth lady does not need to come anymore. Tomorrow, the madam will go to the temple for a few days." Old servant Yang stiffened her old face and spoke coldly.

Jiang Ningbao nodded slightly and turned to leave.

Jiang Mingyao who kept silent at the side finally could not help but speak, her voice was still cool and cold, "Fourth sister, you obviously know that the sutra carries ominous energy, why didn't you stop mother from opening it?"

Jiang Ningbao stopped her steps and looked at Jiang Mingyao. From Jiang Mingyao's eyes, she could see a trace of resentment. She smiled faintly, "Fifth sister, you resent me?"

Jiang Mingyao stayed silent.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes flashed with a trace of disappointment. That's right. She had the intention to trick her oldest aunt, but she had reminded her before. If the oldest aunt trusted her words, she could not trick the oldest aunt.

Maybe she was wrong. Right now, she was not the book's 'Jiang Ningbao' and Jiang Mingyao was not the book's Jiang Mingyao.

"Fifth sister, it's better if we distance ourselves. Chun Xi, let's go back."

After saying this, Jiang Ningbao did not look at Jiang Mingyao and sent a servant girl to tell Changning Count. She returned to the courtyard for dinner and turned to leave the main courtyard with Chun Xi.

People who had different principles would walk different paths. Jiang Ningbao was not the type to wrong herself. The crueler first madam's schemes were, she and Jiang Mingyao would one day become strangers.

Jiang Mingyao stared at the fourth sister's leaving figure. Her bright pupils dimmed and the servant girl beside her looked at the fifth lady in worry.

"Fifth lady, you should have less contact with the fourth lady. She schemed against the madam today, she would scheme against the lady in the future." Not knowing when, Old servant Yang suddenly came beside Jiang Mingyao.

"Fourth sister is not that kind of person." Jiang Mingyao hesitated and rebutted.

Old servant Yang heard this and was worried. Fifth lady actually trusted the fourth lady this much.

"Fifth lady, you don't know a person's heart. Don't forget that your good engagement is gotten through stepping on fourth lady. Fourth lady seems soft and weak, but her heart is cruel."

Jiang Mingyao pursed her lips and her cool face flashed a little shaking.

When Jiang Ningbao returned to her courtyard, the sky was dark and the residence had hung up lanterns. The wind blew softly, carrying a trace of coldness.

Bai Mei and the other servant girls waited by the door.

Chun Xi entered the room first, lighting up the candles inside the room and then went to the kitchen to get dinner. After dinner, taking a bath, and drying the hair, it was already 7 to 9 o'clock at night. Chun Xi was tidying the bed.

The candle light in the room shook. Jiang Ningbao's long hair was spread and she wore loose clothing as she looked at the window.

Recalling Zhang Zhan who she met in the main hall and thinking about the four servant girls First Madam Zhang sent, Jiang Ningbao's eyes shone with coldness like ice.

Fortunately, she had long guarded against those four servant girls and her private belongings were locked in the boxes. Even the key to the gates of the courtyard was given to Chun Xi, only letting them to do some menial tasks.

'Jiang Ningbao' in the book getting schemed was because she was not careful enough. There was no one she could trust by her side and her older brother Jiang Jin got his legs broken that time, letting Madam Zhang have the opportunity. If not, Madam Zhang would not be able to pull it off easily.

Setting a private meeting in her own courtyard with a man and getting caught by the mass.

Jiang Ningbao laughed coldly. Madam Zhang's schemes were cruel enough.

"Lady, the bed is already tidy."

Jiang Ningbao snapped her thought and walked over. She took off the clogs and laid on the bed, sleeping not long after. Chun Xi pulled the curtain and blew off the candles. She left with light steps.

The night was cool like water, dark night enveloped the land.

Duke Ding Residence Main Courtyard

Duke Ding Xie Heng laid on the bed expressionlessly. He thought to his mother who would go to the palace to ask for a marriage decree tomorrow and his heart rose with ripples. He turned to his side and had difficulty sleeping.

He rubbed the Buddhist bracelets he wore and his mind could not help but think of the little lady's soft and beautiful smile and the conversation they had.

"Why don't I become your wife.....become your wife....."

Sonorous voice kept on repeating in his mind.

Tonight, Duke Ding Xie Heng had a rare insomnia and could not sleep for the whole night.