Chapter Thirty Six

Jiang Ningbao's mouth twitched. Seeing this little king's bright and shining pair of eyes, she wondered what he imagined in his head. She admitted that she indeed had this kind of thought.

But then she felt that this was not fair to Duke Ding.

Duke Ding protected the family and the country, becoming Dayue's war deity and the stabilizing force. With him here, Dayue's commoners could felt peace and assured, not receiving the pain and horror that war brought.

"No. Little king, saying this is humiliating Duke Ding. I've always admired and respect Duke Ding, anticipating that I can be a part of his family. But now that Heir Xie rescinded the engagement, I only feel disappointment. There is no lingering attachment."

"There may be people who think I'm mad, but I only want to say, married to Duke Ding, even if the result is death, I won't regret!"

Jiang Ningbao's brows were had a trace of sharpness. She heavily repeated her words and she looked solemn and determined.

Duke Ding made her recall the strongest ability user during the apocalypse who killed the zombie king and then being poisoned. Before turning into a zombie, he killed himself.

That time, Jiang Ningbao who had no ability looked at this scene from the city wall and it left a deep impression on her.

Living once more, this had not changed.

Recalling the book saying that Duke Ding only lived to thirty years old, the first thing Jiang Ningbao thought was the wine brewing skill she had.

With her there, Duke Ding would have no problem living to a hundred years old.

With the ray of light sneaking braking through the clouds, the soft looking lady had a layer of golden light, as if the plum tree that stubbornly grew in the winter.

Strong and beautiful.

The crowd went silent.

The little king was shocked to silence.

He suddenly felt that his action before was too frivolous and he had a rare moment of self-reflection. He spoke with embarrassment, "Jiang fourth miss, I'm sorry. This heir apologize for the action before."

Jiang Ningbao's eyes flashed with surprise. It seemed that this little king was not hopeless, after all, being able to know his mistake. The impression she had in her heart toward him became a bit better.

"I receive the little king's apology. May I know if I can leave?"

"You guys, make way! Don't surround Jiang fourth miss' carriage!" The little king riding a horse gestured to his guards to make way and not surround Jiang Ningbao's carriage anymore.

"Thank you, little king."

Jiang Ningbao released a silent breath. Changning Count Residence was too weak. Talking about Duke Ding was the right decision. She bowed to the little king and took Chun Xi who was in a trance to the carriage and left with her two guards.

"Lady, that shocked me." On the carriage, Chun Xi wiped her cold sweat and patted her bosom in fear.

Jiang Ningbao's eyes flashed with light and smiled, "This matter is resolved peacefully. The little king is a reasonable person." Her heart sighed. To get away from the little king, she could only declare that she wanted to marry to Duke Ding.

Good thing she had favorable impression on Duke Ding.

If she could not get married to Duke Ding, she did not mind spending the rest of her life alone.

Chun Xi: "....."

Who did not know of King Rui Residence's little king's reputation? She had never heard that the little king was a reasonable person.

The people who were still there were excited. They wanted to see a good show but they never thought to hear such a big rumor material.

Little king Xiao Ran who was riding the horse gazed at the leaving carriage. His eyes squinted and flashed with a dangerous glint. His face sunk.

"Go investigate, who is it that schemed against this grandpa?"