Chapter Forty One

What a good oldest aunt, daring to reach her hands to her older brother's courtyard. If her older brother weren't at Azure Mountain Academy studying right now, it might ruined her older brother.

At this moment, Jiang Ningbao was truly glad that after the mourning period, her older brother entered Azure Mountain Academy with the help of her maternal family.

If he was in the count residence, how could he study in peace?

"I will write a letter to older brother."

Jiang Ningbao thought about it. Her older brother had mentioned that he would go back to the residence at the end of the month. It seemed that it was better if he did not return, lest her oldest aunt made another move.

After Chun Xi sent the letter, Jiang Ningbao stayed in the residence with relief, not minding the storm and rain outside.

.....

The teahouse and winehouse in the capital was in a buzz. The people in the capital were all discussing Jiang fourth miss' appearance and the words she spoke in front of the government office, mentioning Duke Ding.

"Jiang fourth miss is really brave, saying that Heir Xie and Miss Yang is a match in front of many people."

"Truly brave."

"I heard that if it were not for the arrow shot by King Rui Residence's little king, every one would not know that Jiang fourth miss is actually that beautiful. A pity I was not there, if not, I can see how beautiful Jiang fourth miss is."

"I was there at the time. Jiang fourth miss is really beautiful and very charismatic too. Who was it that spread the words that Jiang fourth miss is ugly beyond compare? Maybe it was because of jealousy?"

"So what if she's pretty? Heir Xie still annul the engagement. A girl whose engagement is annulled and both parents deceased, not to mention that her clan is not that prominent. Even if she's beautiful, she won't find a good engagement."

"Tch, you're being as sour as grape because you can't get the grape. Jiang fourth miss doesn't even mind, even saying that she wanted to get married to Duke Ding who she respects since she was little. Do you dare?"

"Right, right. I admire Jiang fourth miss' guts. I hope that things can go as she wished for."

"Why do I feel that you're laughing at Heir Xie?"

"I feel that way too."

"Can it be that you don't want Jiang fourth miss to get married to Duke Ding?"

"Heng! I feel that Jiang fourth miss is out of her mind and want to get vengeance on Heir Xie, deliberately saying she wants to get married to Duke Ding when it's actually only to humiliate Heir Xie."

"That's reasonable. Jiang fourth miss had her engagement canceled, she must have resentment in her heart, but she should not take Duke Ding as a laughing matter."

"That's right. A girl whose engagement is annulled and her reputation is not good, how can she be worthy of Duke Ding? Moreover, Jiang fourth miss is Heir Xie's ex-fiance, this is not fitting with the customs."

"Don't say whether or not that fits the custom. Duke Ding has went through life and death for Dayue, protecting Dayue Dynasty. I only want there to be a good wife for him. Those noble girls all fear death and hide from him like there's he's a viper. At least Jiang fourth miss had the guts. Just for this, she's worthy of Duke Ding."

Once these words came out, the crowd immediately agreed.

"I have inside news that the first time Butler Zhao went to annul the engagement, Jiang fourth miss rejected Heir Xie's compensation and said that she wanted to get married to Duke Ding. A few days ago, Old Madam Xie went to the Clear Water Temple to find Monk Gao regarding the eight characters."

"What's the result?"

"Seems like Jiang fourth miss' life is special and very suitable with Duke Ding's eight characters."

"Aa, really?"

"Of course! Every one is waiting for Old Madam Xie to propose to Changning Count Residence."

On the second floor of a certain teahouse.

Yang Shuqing who wore male clothing were sitting there, drinking her tea. Knowing that Jiang Ningbao and Heir Xie had officially annulled the engagement, her heart was in a good mood. But hearing the discussion below, the hand grabbing the teacup tightened and her eyes darkened.

"Master, Jiang fourth miss really said that she wanted to get married to Duke Ding, is she muddle-headed or is she doing this on purpose to humiliate Heir Xie?" Qian Rong who disguised as a male could not help but voice her suspicion.

Yang Shuqing squinted her eyes and a dark light flashed by.

"Jiang fourth miss won't have that chance to marry into the duke residence."

In her previous life, Jiang Ningbao obtained the ancient wine brewing recipe but she still could not safe Duke Ding's life. Not to mention that in this life, the wine brewing recipe had fallen into her hands.

So what if her life was special? A few years ago, there were a few women with special life. A pity that they were all defeated and henceforth, no one dared to get married to Duke Ding.

Duke Ding became the poisonous tortoise in the eyes of Dayue Dynasty's females.

Jiang Ningbao won't be an exception.

Once Yang Shuqing thought this, feeling that she was worrying for nothing, the discomfort in her heart vanished.

She would sit and wait for Jiang Ningbao's laughingstock.

Suddenly, a little male servant entered the teahouse anxiously. He went to the second floor to find Yang Shuqing who was disguising as a male and spoke something in a low voice to her. Yang Shuqing's face changed greatly and she hurriedly left the teahouse after paying.