Chapter Forty Five

On the thirteenth of the third month, a day that was suitable to do anything, was a good day.

Around 9 a.m., the warm sunlight shone on the land, giving it a layer of faint golden radiance.

This day was the day Duke Ding Residence's heir formally going to propose to Anyuan Marquis Residence.

Xie Jingyi specially wore red clothes and on his waist belt was the pouch Yang Shuqing sent him, making him seemed even more tall and straight. His face was handsome and his air was cold and noble, making people admired.

"Sir Heir, it's time to depart."

Xie Jingyi's male servant looked at the sandglass in the room and he reminded in a small voice.

"I will greet grandmother first."

Xie Jingyi nodded lightly and went out the room in large strides. He took his male servant to Thriving Joy Hall and waited to see the old madam to inform her. Heir Xie took the official matchmaker and generous betrothal gifts along with a bunch of guards with him as he went to Anyuan Marquis Residence in a vast and mighty manner.

After knowing that her adoptive grandson left, Old Madam Xie let out a breath.

She did not want Jiang little miss to meet her adoptive grandson when she arrived and chose to invite Jiang little miss to Duke Ding Residence on the day her adoptive grandson propose to Anyuan Marquis Residence. At the same time, she also incidentally let her meet her own son.

Coincidentally, when Heir Xie went out, Jiang Ningbao who dressed up delicately went in her horse carriage as she hugged a jug of medicinal wine she brewed to go to Duke Ding Residence to meet Old Madam Xie.

Main Courtyard

"Madam, Bai Mei said that fourth lady is invited by Old Madam Xie to Duke Ding Residence and that Old Madam Xie wanted to meet fourth lady." Old servant Yang's face was not looking good.

She did not want to see fourth lady holding onto Duke Ding Residence.

First Madam Zhang sipped her tea and coldly laughed, "The noble ladies Old Madam Xie met are not little. Don't know if she had that luck."

"Call Zhuo boy here."

Madam Zhang thought to her family's crisis. Her oldest nephew had not had an engagement while fourth girl possessed the plentiful dowry her second sister-in-law had. Her heart could not help sprouting some ideas.

Old servant Yang called someone to find the oldest young master. After Jiang Zhuo came, Madam Zhang ordered the servants to get out, only leaving her trusted servant old servant Yang.

It was unknown what Madam Zhang said. Once Jiang Zhuo went back to his courtyard, he went out the residence after.

Anyuan Marquis Residence was basked in a happy atmosphere.

The servants in the residence all knew that on this day, the heir from Duke Ding Residence came to propose to their oldest miss. This news spread throughout the whole capital.

Who knew how many hearts of noble ladies it broke.

Heir Xie was a desired bachelor. In terms of background and skill, he was in the top-notch selections. At the age of nineteen years old, he was already a sixth rank official five cities military forces commander, responsible for the capital's public security.

Later, he would inherit the position and connections of Duke Ding Residence.

Anyuan Marquis was smug.

If there was not that falling into water accident, her oldest legal daughter won't be able to get this kind of good engagement.

Once Anyuan Marquis thought that his son-in-law was the future Duke Ding, the smile on his face won't fade. This engagement was a very rare perfect match.

Around forty five minutes after 9 to 11 a.m., the group arrived in Anyuan Marquis Residence.

Under the witness of the official matchmaker, the two houses formally exchanged horoscope cards and wrote down the marriage certificate on the spot.

There were three copies.

The last one was for the government office to keep.

Yang Shuqing who hid behind the screen lifted her lips to a relaxed happy smile. Her heart was now rest assured.

She had finally got engaged with Xie Jingyi.

She would be Xie Jingyi's official fiancee, the future Duchess Ding.

Living once more, Yang Shuqing had investigated thoroughly that the beautiful encounters of her and King Jin were all calculated carefully. But she idiotically fell into the love trap he made and became cefei as if she was mad. And she also used her maternal family's support and Yang family's military power to push King Jin to be the emperor.

This time, she avoided King Jin's calculations, even allied herself with King Qin to cut down the power he gathered in the dark. Now, she was engaged with Xie Jingyi, completely changing her fate.

At the same time, feeling happy, Yang Shuqing's mind could not help but think about Jiang fourth miss' feeble as a willow, slim and beautiful figure. There was also the King Rui's little king's biting sarcasms. Because of his appearance, she and Xie Jingyi had a little misunderstanding, delaying the time of engagement.

Yang Shuqing's heart smiled coldly.

Jiang fourth miss really had good move, even that total womanizer little king was beguiled with her pitiful appearance and stick out for her.

How could this kind of woman be worthy of Xie Jingyi's love and pamper?

She and Xie Jingyi had known each other for two years and she knew him. Xie Jingyi seemed cold and aloof, but he a had strong sense of responsibility. Maybe Jiang fourth miss used this point to get hold of Xie Jingyi's heart.

Jiang fourth miss was a two faced woman with scheming heart.

She thought it wrong before. Maybe Xie Jingyi was not enticed with her weak and beautiful appearance, but because Xie Jingyi was a good and responsible man.

Thinking like this, Yang Shuqing's heart became a lot more comfortable.