Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Four

Duke Ding Xie Heng stood straight in the gates of the residence with a dark colored brocade gown. He stared at the carriage that disappeared in a turn and his lips lifted a little. He suddenly raised his hand and wiped his hand on his handsome face.

There was a faint layer of pink on his hand.

Duke Ding Xie Heng was not surprised. He thought of the sly smile the little lady had when she left and he silently thought that the little lady was really naughty. She obviously knew that no one dared to stare at his face and deliberately did not tell him.

When he was about to return to his courtyard, a black clothed guard came forward and reported, "Master, the old madam invites you to visit her."

Duke Ding Xie Heng turned his body and went to Thriving Joy Hall.

In Thriving Joy Hall, Old Madam Xie was sipping on fragrance tea and her brows were knitted as if there was a troubling matter. Old servant Huang at the side also appeared troubled.

The past few days, Old Madam Xie drank a small cup of medicinal wine everyday and her white hair turned black. Her face became smoother and her wrinkles disappeared. She did not lose to the noble madams at the same age who took very good care to maintain their appearance, perhaps she looked even younger.

Once Duke Ding Xie Heng entered Thriving Joy Hall, his gaze fell on Old Madam Xie. He witnessed Old Madam Xie's changes and felt even more grateful toward the little lady in his heart.

"Mother."

He greeted Old Madam Xie from a distance.

"A'Heng, you're here. Good, I want to discuss something with you." Once Old Madam Xie saw Duke Ding, her worried look disappeared and she had on a happy smile.

"Mother, is something the matter?" Duke Ding Xie Heng's voice revealed a trace of worry.

Old Madam Xie's smile disappeared and she lightly sighed, "Anyuan Marquess sent someone, saying that she will visit tomorrow to discuss the matter of moving up the marriage date. I want to ask for your opinion."

Her son and her adopted grandson would get married this year. The marriage dates were only separated by a month. The past few days, Old Madam Xie was very busy but she was very happy in her heart. Duke Ding could finally get married but Anyuan Marquess suddenly said she wanted to move up the marriage date. Old Madam Xie's good mood disappeared in an instant.

"They can't wait even for a month?" Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold and fierce brows sunk and the air around turned cold.

"That's right. Anyuan Marquess wanted to move up the marriage date for half a month."

Old Madam Xie frowned. From the revelation that Miss Yang crossdressed and used the identity of Young Master Shuyang to get close to her adopted grandson from two years ago, the old madam's impression of Miss Yang dropped.

"The marriage date is settled and cannot be changed easily, unless she wants to redo the marriage discussion. Mother, when you answer Anyuan Marquess, say that this is the intention of your son."

Duke Ding Xie Heng's face was ice cold.

Old Madam Xie nodded. A'Heng's intention and her intention was the same. How could the marriage date change so easily? Especially moving up to half a month.

"I will answer Anyuan Marquess tomorrow."

.....

When she returned to Changning Count Residence, Jiang Ningbao took the amiable looking old servants to her west courtyard and arranged them to live in the guest room. She treated them politely, taking them as the teachers she invited.

The two old servants were from the palace and had once served the previous empress - Ganyuan Emperor's mother. Based on this, Jiang Ningbo was fairly satisfied. Old servants who could serve the previous empress definitely had some skills and their etiquette and rules were impeccable.

The two old servants, one surnamed Chen and the other Gao, would stay or leave based on their performance and moral character. Jiang Ningbo had secrets and she won't put a servant she didn't trust by her side.

After settling down the two old servants, Jiang Ningbo sent Chun Le to notify her older brother and went back to her room. Chun Xi gave a kettle of good tea and a plate of fresh fruits. She could not help but voice out the suspicion in her heart.

"Lady, aren't the treatment of the two old servants a bit too high?"

"Chun Xi, the two old servants did not sign a contract with me. They are only here to teach me for a month. You have to treat them with respect." Jiang Ningbo flicked her hair and spoke with a light smile.

"As for whether or not there will be a contract in the future, I have to observe further."

She was only a small count residence's second branch legitimate daughter and her background was low. As long as the old madam wanted to separate the residence.

Of course, this possibility was low.

As long as she got married to Duke Ding, the old madam and the first branch wouldn't want to separate the residence.

The two old servants who came from the palace probably looked at Duke Ding's face so they agreed to come to Changning Count Residence to teach her for a month. As for whether or not they stay, it would depend on Jiang Ningbao's performance.

Of course, it could not be said that Jiang Ningbao would be very happy if the two old servants choose to stay since Jiang Ningbao also had her own considerations.

She rather go without rather than putting up with something shoddy.

Actually, this was a two way choice.