Chapter Thirty Eight

Jiang Ningbao smiled as she spoke with a warm tone, but the words spoken were not warm in the slightest. Her pair of eyes glanced at Xie Jingyi, waiting for this ex-fiance to no longer block the road.

Chun Xi who was inside of the carriage stealthily looked at Heir Xie's face and her palm excreted cold sweat subconsciously.

Lady spoke it right!

Her heart agreed with what her lady was saying but she was also afraid that Heir Xie would get angry.

Xie Jingyi was silent for a moment and his lips pursed. In the end, he gazed at her deep, not saying anything but pulled the rein to the side, giving her way.

"Thanking the heir."

Jiang Ningbao smiled as she said her thank and immediately closed the curtain, blocking Xie Jingyi's view. Chun Xi released a breath of relief.

To be honest, Chun Xi was really afraid that Heir Xie would be angry.

Good thing he was not.

Going back to Changning Count Residence, Jiang Ningbao decided to not meet Madam Zhang and Old Madam Jiang. She sent Chun Xi to announce to the Golden Longevity Hall and went back to her courtyard on her own. She sat down and sipped her fragrance tea as she admired the scene in her courtyard.

There were footsteps outside the courtyard and a pretty female servant went in with male servants who were carrying a few big boxes.

"Fourth lady, this servant is Old Madam Jiang's servant, Hong Xing. This is the list of the compensations from the duke residence, please take a look."

Hong Xing bowed to Jiang Ningbao and respectfully gave the book.

Jiang Ningbao was slightly surprised.

Old madam actually gave her the compensations this fast.

Receiving the book, Jiang Ningbao did not open the book to check and put it on the table. She nodded, "Yes. Go back and tell grandmother that I've received them." She then gestured for them to leave.

Hong Xing was stunned, "Fourth lady, why don't you check?"

"No need. I trust grandmother." Jiang Ningbao slightly curved her lips and showed a trusting smile.

Since the old madam had showed her stance in this matter in the hall, she would not hit her own face. Moreover, Butler Zhao had also said that these compensations were hers.

Old Madam Jiang was not that short sighted.

Thing kind of embarrassing thing, once was enough.

As for First Madam Zhang, there was Old Madam Jiang suppressing her from above, she won't dare to do anything outrageous.

Hong Xing's gaze changed and she revealed a real smile. She bowed toward Jiang Ningbao and led the male servants out, leaving the few big boxes.

The room went silent.

Jiang Ningbao took out a custom made rose scented slender stick of incense and lit it up. A moment later, the room was filled with the clear fragrance of rose, making people relax.

Compared to sandalwood incense, agalloch eaglewood incense, or benzoin incense, Jiang Ningbao preferred the natural made flower incense.

The craft of making incense were taught to her by her mother, Madam Yang. After Jiang Ningbao learned it, she could make incense from flowers. Every year, she would let Manager Yao gather all kinds of flower to make wine and incense.

Jiang Ningbao sat on the short chair silently and made a pot of tea. Her mind flashed little king Xiao Ran's face and she felt that the little king's action today was not normal.

Who would shot an arrow at a female stranger on the streets? It's not like there was a grudge either.

The people in Changning Count Residence could not reach the little king and she seldom went out. The probability of making grudge outside were zero. There was only Yang Shuqing. She met Yang Shuqing and their meeting did not went pleasantly. She even broke Yang Shuqing's lies.

The female lead was a cruel and merciless person.

She had known the fact that the female lead disguised herself as a man and was intimate with Xie Jingyi so the female lead would definitely remember her.

Jiang Ningbao sipped her tea. Once this hypothesis was out, she could be sure that it was Yang Shuqing who did this. A pity that aside from the first male support character, King Qin, there was no one else who knew that Yang Shuqing and Xie Jingyi knew each other for two years.

If it weren't for the fact that if she spread this, others would think that this ex-fiancee was having her revenge out of not being resigned feelings.

Jiang Ningbao had wanted to do so early on.

In Jiang Ningbao's perspective, this first male support character was a tragic guy. He was schemed by Yang Shuqing to get his legs broken in previous life, having no qualification for the big seat.

This lifetime, Yang Shuqing wanted to compensate him because of guilt and also getting her revenge against her previous lifetime's husband at the same time. She got close to him with intentions and helped him, using Anquan Marquis Residence's power to help him get to the throne, becoming the protector.

"Female lead halo is really annoying."

Jiang Ningbao squinted her eyes and sipped her tea. There were still many days ahead. They might become mother-in-law and daughter-in-law in the future. Settling the account then would not be late.