[25] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~ Cory's POV ~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Twenty-five

I drove into school and parked my car.  I got out of my car and trudged my way to the school entrance.  Ever since life started going downhill again I felt pretty moody.

            As I walked up to the school I was approached by Jake. 

            "You got Lily pregnant," Jake stated.

            "Yup," I replied, trying my best to ignore whatever he wanted.

            "How could you do that to her?"

            That made me snapped.  "I didn't intend for it to happen.  It just did.  And don't you dare try and give me a guilt trip.  Because I don't know if you've noticed but you're after the girl that has a bit of me inside her.  Me!  Not you!  Get it?"

            "Oh, but it's me she likes, not you!  Get it?"

            I frowned at him.  He chuckled and walked off to his friends.

            A##hole, I thought to myself.

            I walked into the school and made my way to my locker, trying to open it in my anger.  I kept getting the combination wrong.

            "Woah, woah, woah!" Tristan said.

            "What?" I asked brusquely.

            "What is wrong man?"

            "What do you mean?  Why would anything be wrong?"

            "Ah... because firstly, you look extremely pissed off, secondly, you're too angry to open a locker, and third, your locker is this one."  He indicated to the one on my right.      

            I took in a deep breath and opened my locker slowly, taking my books out then slamming it shut.  I turned around and leaned my head against the locker.

            "I don't know what to do Tristan!" I exclaimed.

            "About what?"

            "Everything!"

            "And what might everything be?"

            "School, work, home, the baby... Lily..."

            Tristan grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the lockers and to the outside eating area.  He forced me onto a seat then sat down next to me.  "Alright, explain everything, starting with school."

            "Well I try and try to study and it wears me out all the time... It's really changing me... I mean it's good for me but sometimes I just want a break from the seriousness."

            Tristan nodded.  "That's understandable."

            "With work... I hardly go there anymore because I'm so caught up on all this drama and school that I have no time to volunteer.  I used to love working.  I got a really low pay but the animals there were amazing."