[41] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~ Cory's POV ~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 41

"I loved the monkeys the most!  No, no, no!  It was the tigers... NO! It was the birds!" Jojo said estatically.

            Lily rolled her eyes and I smirked.  This was going to continue for quite some time, but Lily didn't know it.

            "Wait!  No!  Hold that!  It was definitely the giraffes!  With their awesomely long necks!  Did you see when it ate the carrot from my hand?  DID YOU?"  Jojo shook Lily's chair as she asked her.

            Lily replied with a giggle.

            "WAIT!  NO!  The elephants!"

            Lily sighed.  "Pick one, Jojo."

            Jojo sat there, staring intensely at the road in front of me as she thought.  Eventually she thought of something.  The way her expression changed you could imagine a light bulb ding above her head.  "Lightbulb!" Jojo shouted.

            I rolled my eyes.  Of course, I thought to myself.

            "And what is your conclusion?" Lily asked.

            "THE BABOONS!" Jojo enthused.  "When I looked at them I just kept picturing Rafiki."

            "Who's Rafiki?"

            I automatically slammed on the breaks.  Jojo and I gasped as we turned to look at her.  "Please tell me you've seen The Lion King!" I said to her.

            "Ah... guilty?" Lily smiled sheepishly.

            From the backseat we heard Jojo gasp for a whole minute before taking a breath and declaring, "You must have had a terrible childhood!"

            Lily shrugged.  "My parents didn't like kids movies."

            "How do you live, not having experienced the life changing... the exhilarating... the moving... the inspirational... the stirring... the motivating―"

            I cut Jojo off.  "Jojo, you're just listing synonyms."

            "I know... I was trying to be dramatic."

            Lily laughed.  "You're an idiot," she commented.

            "And you're a crazy human being who hasn't seen The Lion King!" Jojo retorted.  "That's it!  I've decided."

            "Decided what?" I asked, making my way back onto the road again.

            "Tonight, we shall watch The Lion King!"

            I groaned.  "But that means I have to get out the old video player from the basement."

            "Don't whinge!  You used to make dad watch this movie with you repeatedly when we were younger.  You know you want to."