[49] Positive

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Cory's POV ~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Forty-Nine                                    

The wind blew our hair around as we watched the sun slowly set.  The pink and orange mixed in the sky as the sun finally said goodbye to the day.  There was nothing better than this moment right now.  Being here with Lily in the Ferris wheel... I felt like I was on top of the world.  I had all.  I made it!  The life I wanted, with Lily by my side, patched up my family and I was a better person.

    ***               

It was Monday morning when the principal called me into his office.  He gave a long sigh and looked at me.                

"Why am I here?" I asked him.  "Don't tell me I failed!" I begged.               

"Well... Cory... it appears that... not only have you passed your subjects, you've gotten B's.  Congratulations."  The principal gave me a warm smile.  "I knew you could do it."

***                 

I brushed one of Lily's locks of hair out of her face and stared into her eyes.  I tried to keep my eyes on her instead of thinking about how high up this was... and how unstable this cage was.  My grip tightened in her hand.               

"Hey, it's okay Cory," she told me, looking into my eyes with a small smile.               

The ride came to a stop and we got off, still holding hands.  The sun had finally set and the stars shone bright.                

"I could sit here and put every reason I like you into the stars, but then I'd run out of stars," I whispered into Lily's ear, a cocky smirk growing on my face.  I was totally a professional at cheesy pickup lines.  Yet I never used them on a girl.  I didn't think such sweet things should be said to girls who I wouldn't even remember their name.  That's why I said it to Lily.  She wasn't just some girl.  She was my girl.               

She almost fell for it till she saw my face.  She gave me a flat look and hit my arm.  "Suck up!  What do you want?"              

"Nothing actually," I told her honestly.  "I have everything I could ever want.  My life is complete."             

Lily looked at me with big eyes as a blush rose to her cheeks, I smiled at the loving look she gave me.  "You're just too sweet!" she cooed.  "What happened to the Cory Peterson I met?"               

"You changed him to show his true colours."  With that I pulled Lily in for another kiss.  Her lips were so soft on mine, her skin so gentle and she smelled so... lovely.  It's like everything about her was perfect.  I felt a bump against my stomach and looked down.               

"I just felt it kick my stomach!" I exclaimed.               

Lily giggled.  "I know, I felt that."               

I shared a grin with her.  Nothing could ruin this.                

"And now, we'd like to announce the year's best couples!  Please make your way to the hamper stall to pick up your prize which will be a basket of chocolate hearts!" I heard Casey announce over the microphone.  Tristan had told me she'd be doing this, but still... I couldn't help but think how extremely lame this was.  Who cares who the best couple is?  It's like that whole stupid prom king and prom queen.  People die to get it and their hopes come crashing down when they don't.  It was pathetic.  Who where these people to say a certain relationship was the best?