[6] Positive

~*~*~Lily's POV~*~*~

Chapter 6

I walked down the stairs curious to see who had come to see me. As I lifted my head my gaze came upon the very same black haired boy.

"Hey," he said.

"Cory," I breathed a little taken back that he was standing at the door.

We both stood there staring at each other for what seemed like ever until my mother broke the silence.

"Lily, invite the young man in," she told be sternly.

"Oh right, um. You can come in"

Cory took a few steps in closing the door behind him.

My mind was going nuts and I had a gut wrenching feeling I couldn't get rid of. What the hell was Cory Peterson doing at my house!

I fiddled with my fingers, a habit I do when I was nervous.

Cory opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but closed it and continued to stare at me curiously.

Lily, say something! My mind told me.

Before I could even get a word out my Mum spoke.

"Lily, why don't you go make Cory a drink, he looks like he's thirsty"

I death stared my mother and walked into the kitchen closely followed by Cory.

As I walked to the fridge Cory took a seat on a stool close by. I opened the fridge and peaked inside.

"We have Coke, juice, and water, take your pick," I told him.

"Lily we need to talk," Cory told me carefully while giving me an intense stare.

I closed the fridge and rested my head against it.

He knows. But how could he? My mind wandered further until I came to the only possible solution. Casey...

My body started to uncontrollably shake while butterflies filled my stomach. I turned to face Cory who was still staring at me.

"Um, I. Erg, yeah," was all I managed to say.

I mentally slapped myself, and turned away so I wouldn't have to face him.

"Lily?"

I didn't respond to Cory. I just couldn't bear to face him.

"Lily?" he tried again.

I continued to face away from him with my head facing the floor.

Not soon later I felt a hand on my shoulder. My body immediately froze and I lifted my gaze to Cory who had a serious look on his face.

"Cory," my breath said shaky.

"Lily, we need to talk... in private," he whispered softly motioning to my parents who you could see in the next room staring at us.

I gave a short nod and walked out of the kitchen and to the bottom of the staircase.

"Eh, Cory and I are going to my room?" I asked rather than said to my parents who were still staring at us.