Chapter 40: The Cannon Fodder Princess 04

Every day after noon, Jiang Fei stayed in Chu Mo's study after delivering lunch.

At first, it was just sharing lunch with him, and she left after eating. After a few days, she asked someone to put a comfortable soft couch in the corner of the study, and took a nap after lunch.

Seeing this, Chu Mo just frowned and didn't say much.

On the contrary, Jiang Fei made more and more progress, not only taking a nap in the afternoon, but also ordering people to bring pastries and fruits, or reading a story book, or closing his eyes and falling asleep, staying for two or three hours.

Sometimes on a whim, she would pick up a pastry and stuff it for Chu Mo to eat.

When Chu Mo was first fed cakes by her, he was still a little hesitant and repelled, but he concealed it very well, and smiled softly: "Just don't worry about me."

However, Jiang Fei will be fed as usual next time.

There were so many times that Chu Mo didn't bother to argue with her anymore.

However, such a leisurely day was quickly interrupted by an imperial decree:

The national teacher wants to travel around, and the young national teacher will go to the altar to offer sacrifices to the throne in a few days, and the emperor will hold a palace banquet to see the national teacher off.

And the emperor even gave Jiang Fei an oral order: she has not entered the palace since she was poisoned, and asked her to enter the palace to show the emperor.

Jiang Fei has his own thoughts on palace banquets.

——Since it is a palace banquet organized by the national teacher, I will definitely meet Pei Qing, just to see what kind of person he is.

Therefore, she puts all her heart into this palace banquet.

study.

Chu Mo flipped through the military book, but somehow found it difficult to concentrate.

Turning his head to look at the soft couch beside him, Jiang Fei went to prepare the clothes for the palace banquet.

During this period of time, Xu Shi's preparations for the matter of soldiers and horses went very smoothly, he was in a much better mood, and he was a little more patient with Jiang Fei.

She would stay in the study as long as she wanted, but she couldn't stay for too long.

What's more, she stayed in the study, which saved him from sending someone to watch her. Under his nose, even if she didn't know how to play tricks.

However... What surprised him the most was that she never played tricks.

She stayed aside very quietly, as she herself said: she would not disturb him, she just wanted to be with him.

He is only fed occasionally.

She was dispensable, but...

"Master." The voice of the hidden guard came from outside the door.

Chu Mo concentrated his mind: "Go in."

The secret guard came in quietly, half kneeling on the ground: "You ordered your subordinates to investigate, and your subordinates have already investigated clearly. Miss Jiang will go to the palace banquet with Young Master."

Chu Mo paused, turned his eyes to look at the soft couch beside him, and then waved his hand.

The dark guard quickly disappeared into the study.