Chapter 41: The Cannon Fodder Princess 05

Lu Zhi walked out, his footsteps were slightly messy when he left.

Chu Mo frowned slightly, and stood calmly at the same place, only the hand holding the medicine bowl was clenched tightly, and the clenched fingertips turned white.

He used to hate Jiang Fei the most, always sending people to urge her back home, making it difficult for him to stay by Rongrong's side. The previous two outbreaks of cold flower poison were always like this.

But this time, she never asked anyone to urge him.

Even... Chu Mo's jaw was tense. When he returned home, he had already heard that Lu Zhi stayed in her room all night last night.

Is it because of Lu Zhi? So you never even called him?

Bursts of anger couldn't stop rising in my heart, but I was at a loss for my own emotions in the next moment.

"Cough..." On the bed, Jiang Fei coughed softly, his voice still hoarse.

Chu Mo came back to his senses, the hostility disappeared in the blink of an eye, and he walked to the bed with the medicine bowl in his hand: "I'm sorry, Fei Fei, I wasn't by your side when you needed it," he said as he sat down. At the bedside, "I'll feed you medicine."

Jiang Fei pursed her pale lips tightly, did not look at him, and looked at the curtain beside him indifferently.

Chu Mo looked at the motionless woman, and paused: "Last night, I needed to deal with some things urgently. I was busy all night, and I came back in a hurry this morning. You... are you blaming me?"

"..." Jiang Fei still didn't say a word.

Chu Mo took the spoon, gently swirled the concoction, and then scooped up a spoonful when it was no longer hot: "Fei Fei, even if you don't want to pay attention to me, don't make fun of your body..."

His voice gradually softened.

Jiang Fei was turning his head to look at him. On his pale face, only his eyes were red, and there was a misty watery light in his eyes, full of grievances.

Chu Mo looked at her, slightly startled for a moment.

He had never looked at Jiang Fei so seriously, and even felt that everything about her had nothing to do with him.

But... Last night, he was by Jiang Rongrong's side, watching Rong Rong being tortured by the cold flower poison, her life was worse than death, her limbs were unable to move, and she couldn't even commit suicide.

What about Jiang Fei? She was so pampered, how did she survive alone?

She said she knew she wouldn't live long.

How did she digest this matter by herself?

"Don't cry..." Chu Mo said in a low voice, "I didn't accompany you last night, how about I stay with you these few days?" His voice subconsciously softened.

The teardrops in Jiang Fei's eyes became more and more obvious, crumbling.

Chu Mo was quiet for a moment: "The Youwen Lantern Festival will be in a few days. I remember you mentioned it a while ago. Shall I go with you?"

The words came out almost uncontrollably.

The teardrops in Jiang Fei's eyes fell instantly, and his voice contained all kinds of grievances: "Last night, I wanted someone to find you, but I was afraid of disturbing you..."

Chu Mo looked at her tears, and all the displeasure caused by Lu Zhi just now was wiped away.

Is it because you are afraid of disturbing him, so you don't go to him?