Chapter 33

" ohhh "
Invild had no words to say to this. As it turns out the one who she lectured (tortured) a moment ago is her benefactor who went out of his way to make things easy for her.
Thinking about it she began to imagine her situation. Although her clan was never fond of her , they did try  to cure her. Which shows that even in the clan there is a group that welcomes her. But due to the civil war they might be a few in numbers.
And so then came to the problem where she would be in a mess if she returned. Invild could already see different scenarios where she would be a useful pawn for them.
While Invild's mind began to analyze the situation her thoughts broke when she heard a voice,
" mistress wouldn't it be wise to let lady Invild rest for today. She did just woke up from a incurable disease. "
Turning her head she saw a maid with white silvery hair with two red eyes. She was wearing a French maid outfit.
" Yeah you are right Luci , hey Invild first get some rest since your soul is still recovering from the aftermath of your disease. We will talk tomorrow, I also answer all your questions so don't think too much.
Luciana would you mind escorting her to one of our guest rooms "
Said Roxanne while turning to Luciana.
Luciana bowed and opened the door and began and gestured Invild to follow her, " If you would lady Invild " Saying so she bowed.
Deciding to rest today she followed the maid. While  internally thinking ' have I seen her before'
.
.
.
.
.
The next day Invild woke up in the morning with a more calm mind than yesterday .she began to dress into some clothes that maid  gave her yesterday.
As soon as she was finished dressing she heard knock on her door.
"The door is unlocked, you can enter "  she replied to her visitor.
When the door opened Luciana was there.
" is there something you want Luciana " she asked curiously, when she was escorted to her room yesterday she Luciana chatted for a bit and became more friendlier to each other.
And Invild is not exactly a difficult person to befriend due to her kind nature. She just lost to her  cool due to her soul still being unstable.
" breakfast would be ready at 10 minutes so I came to invite lady Invild to dine with us. " said Luciana.
" you know you could just drop the lady part when talking to me " said Invild since she was raised as a commoner her whole life . So noble Etiquette is not something she is used to. 
" I will try next time Lady Invild " said Luciana with a smile.
Invild was about to comment on that  then she sighed. ' well they say like master like servant ' she thought internally on how both of them have the knack to cause mischief.
She then resigned to her fate and went to the dining room under Luciana's instructions.
The dining room was like any other a room with a big table and many chairs and some more furniture here and there. But what she didn't expect was the one who was presenting the food.
It was Roxanne in a cute pink apron. She was holding two different dishes in each of her hands. She looked like she just came from the kitchen to unload the food.
Invild just froze at this and she repeatedly looked at Roxanne and Luciana respectively several times just to be sure this is not a illusion.
Unable to hold it any longer she finally asked,
" pardon me for asking this but why are you cooking when you have a maid "
Luciana blushed and looked away unable to hold eye contact with her. She was clearly embarrassed about this matter. Since even in ancient times if one was a maid you must be the one cooking. But let's just say there are exceptions to every thing.
" well it's not like luci-chan can't cook , it's just that she can only cook one meal. Everything other than that meal might as well be a torture tool "  said Roxanne .
At this moment Luciana felt that she got injured very badly by some invisible attack. It might be her pride as a maid that was correctly receiving damage.
" and don't misunderstand although she can only make one meal for now she is in the process of learning more , and I didn't want you two sick again after eating it "
Although Roxanne told those words to comfort Luciana she didn't realize that she was inflicting more damage than necessary but spreading unnecessary details that no one asked for.
" well why don't we all take a seat and enjoy the meal while it is still hot " Luciana barely managed to say that with a straight face to avoid damaging her maid pride more.
Invild nodded and went to sit while Roxanne went to the kitchen to take off her apron and also brought the other dishes.
The meal tine went without any interesting situations. At least that's what Invild thought as looked at the banter of the maid and her mistress.
It all started first with a piece of meat that was left in one of the dishes. Both of them started with a few words which evenly turned into that. But Invild had to say both of them looked like a pair of siblings than a maid and a mistress. At least the maids she knows wouldn't even complain even if they were wronged.
After a half and hour all three of them were resting in the living room after enjoying their delicious meal.
Suddenly Roxanne who was the most relaxed person turned serious and said ,
" okay that's enough suspense. I guess I can answer some of your questions now , and with your mind stable I doubt you would make a dumb mistake in your judgement now "
Invild also turned serious and asked ,
" so if my speculation is correct my clan has lost the civil war " asked Invild
" yes , all the old satan families as we call them were killed or went into hiding after the civil war was lost. Now new Satans from Gremory, Sitri, Astaroth, Glasya-Labolas houses took their mantle." Replied Roxanne
" So I am a threat to the new government " asked Invild since although she was a half blood she was still a leviathan which has good control over her bloodline .
" Not necessarily, you see the now satan leviathan has a sister who was at our age so your safety is guarantied if you joined her peerage "  answered Roxanne .
" Wait what's a peerage " asked Invild curiously since didn't heard the term before she was sick.
" oh right I forgot you were asleep at that time , so peerage is like a system that new satan Beelzebub Anjuka or formally known as Anjuka Astaroth in the civil war created.
This peerage system was created manly to reincarnate humans or other supernatural beings to devil and stop the devil population from going extinct. " 
" Wait you can reincarnate other beings to devils " exclaimed Invild
" yes , and as I was saying anjuka created peerage pieces to act as a conduct to do the ritual and stuff. And this pieces are made into the shapes of chess pieces.
And each piece gives a boost to various aspects, for example if we reincarnate a human with a knight piece he would have massive boost to his agility and reflexes . " Saying so Roxanne completed her short explanation about evil pieces.
" wow " that's all that left from Invild 's mouth. She began to wonder if she really did reincarnate into a another world that was similar to her old one. She couldn't believe the gap in technology is that much.
" Well enough about that peerage system, you could just find some more details in one of the book in the library if you ask Luciana to show you where it is.
But now " saying so Roxanne's expression turned serious indicating that she was not playing around anymore.
" I have a business offer for you Invild leviathan and it involves in singing and being in a band "
At the mention of music her expression also turned serious, there was two things she didn't cut corners or back down from , one is anything related to her family and the other is music.
" I'm listening "  she said .
With this the talk that would lead the creation of the most famous supernatural band that broke through many records as soon as  their first debut started. The band know as Singularity.