Chapter 45

After her daughter left Azrael turned to Azazel and asked ,
“ Tell me Azazel what I have missed in the centuries I have been away “
Azazel nodded and kept telling her the important news that happened in the supernatural world. He then later began to tell about the situation in Gregory and how they lost two Cadres in the last few years.
“ I see “ Azrael closed her eyes in sadness at losing her loved ones for while and said,
“ So they lost themselves in finding a way of locating my sacred gear and resurrecting me “
“ as I much I wanted to deny it , it sadly is the truth your majesty”
Azazel said somberly. Gregory the  organization who went researching on sacred gears after the great war only had one main  goal .That is to locate the sacred gear their queen is trapped and retrieve it. If possible find a way to resurrect her.
At first they tried finding her sacred gear location but that ended in failure as the  heavens system didn’t have any data on it.
Then they opted to create their own sacred gear as they found a trace of her soul in heaven. They opted to make a sacred gear because it is the most reliable and safest option they could think of rather than making a golem or puppet.
And they got satisfying results in these years as they were able to create an artificial sacred gear that managed to hold the soul of  Fafnir a dragon king. They even got some good data from observing how Canis Lykaon is projecting it’s avatar.
Even during the peace treaty they were thinking about negotiating with heaven for Azrael’s soul.
But all that work went to shit as their leader returned with her daughter. But their won’t be anyone complaining as they value Azrael more than their research.
“ Your Majesty if I may ask , the necklace on the princess’s neck is it the sacred gear you are sealed in “  asked Azazel hesitantly as he was very curious about this.
“ hmm calling it a sacred gear isn’t actually wrong but it isn’t correct either.
What my daughter has is my weapon I had during those days. But with a with a bit of father’s help I created a my own soul weapon, but unlike the sacred gears which has a bit of father’s authority mine is purely made from my authority. That’s why even when you searched for it you couldn’t find it in the system because it was never registered there. 
And beside my weapon is more like a divine construct. So unlike sacred gears it cannot respond to the user’s desires and be passed down after ones death. “ explained Azrael.
“ oh that does explain many things “ said Azazel seemingly satisfied at her explanation.
“ but I’m curious why did you all think I am trapped in a sacred gear , as far as I remember I never brought any topics of sacred gears. “ asked Azrael curiously.
“ hmm but that’s what father said though in his last breaths. His last words were ,
‘ find the Azrael’s sacred gear then you would be able to meet her again ‘
It is because of those words that we retreated the war quickly “ explained Azazel.
“ Hmm well father’s words are not a lie as I said before my weapon can be called a sacred gear in one sense “ said Azrael while smiling wryly.
“ so um your majesty about the war council, should I summon it “ asked Azazel hesitantly.
Azrael nodded and said,
“ yes you should summon it  but don’t worry I will not go after that guy for now. But follow my orders to find any traces of him. Also when you gathered the council you should relay these orders as I spend too much energy to sustain this form. So for a few days I would be recuperating, say do you have any recording devices. “
Azazel nodded and went to being one  that he remembered lying around in this house.
After that they recorded a video that Azreal wanted to convey. Azazel was  tasked to show in the upcoming council.
With her work  done Azreal said goodbye and with her connection to her weapon as  beacon faded away from Azazel’ s view.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“ is this all we could get from them “ asked Luciana as she read the report of the interrogation the captured fallen angels went through.
Right now everyone from the shadow garden is relaxing in the sofas in Roxanne’s mansion.
Apart from Kokobiel 200 of his loyal followers were captured by the Shadow Garden .  Those soldiers were tasked in massacring humans and blaming it on the devils. Luckily before they could do anything all of them were captured.
“ You seemed to be troubled Luciana, did the report say anything noteworthy “ asked Astoria.
“ well the report is fine but I find the situation a bit strange. You see those soldiers with a little persuasion told everything about Kokobiel’s  plan , they would even tell the secrets of Gregory, but… “
“ but what “ asked Morgana impatiently.
“ well when we asked about the information they know about Azreal “ Luciana was  about to continue when she was interrupted. 
“ oh Isn’t that Roxanne’s mother, why the sudden interest in her  information, and couldn’t we just ask her self. “ interrupted Merlin.
Luciana shot her a glare that made her shut up immediately.
“ as I was telling, when  Kokobiel  was captured he looked at our mistress and said her mother’s name suddenly as he was reminiscing of something. So I guessed that he might have some clues on her attackers or at least have a idea of who it might be.
So I  asked our intelligence department to dig some details from Kokobiel’s subordinates if they would even have incline of who the perpetrator  is . But strangely enough every fallen angel who were very cooperative earlier refused to tell anything.
Even when we tried torture they didn’t even bat a eye at the pain. It’s like they are all a group of cultists. “  explained Luciana as she pondered over this matter.
Then a room lit up as a teleportation with the Luicfer’s magic circle began  to appear on the floor and Roxanne came from it.