7.Dal-rice wafers bites

Aayat was getting bored,Iti and Hriday had yet again left for their respective school and work and because Hriday had warned her she couldn't do any household chores as well,she could not defy him this time because she knew he would be angry beyond repair then.

She was utterly bored and didn't have anything to do.

That's when she spotted a few papers and pencils,they might be Iti's,the lil girl always kept her things here and there.She decided to tidy them up and keep it on it's right place.

She then looked at them and a smile appeared on her lips,she sat down on the floor leaning on the small coffee table they had in the room.She started sketching clothes because that was something she liked to do in her free time before her marriage.

She had self designed a lot of her own clothes,she would then ask the tailor to stitch accordingly.She randomly sat sketching on the papers whatever came to her mind.It felt like she was back in her college days,all she would do is sketch then,no tension of future,family or anything else.

Hriday and Iti entered the room together and she smiled looking at Iti who returned the smile.

"Iti chalo freshen up ho jaiye pehle phir khelne jaana"Hriday said taking her into the bathroom to get her freshened up and change her clothes as well.

"Aap homework kr rahi h kya?"Iti asked as she ran out of the bathroom once she had changed and saw Aayat doing something with a paper and pencil.

"Haa"Aayat said.

"Aap papa ko bol dijiye woh kr denge"Iti said.

"Pr agar woh nhi maane toh?"Aayat asked playing along.

"Toh aap sone ka natat kijiye na,hume jab homework nhi krna hota toh hum bhi yahi krte h,phir papa hamara saara homework kr dete h"Iti said with a naughty glint in her eyes and Aayat chuckled hearing that.

"Hume sab sunayi deta h"Hriday said as he came out of the bathroom and heard his daughter.

"Humne toh kuch nhi kaha papa"Iti said and ran away from the room to the garden where bade dadu would as always wait for her after her school ends.

Aayat chuckled at her cute antics but stopped when she saw Hriday staring at her.She yet again resumed her sketching and Hriday too sat on the bed with his laptop making some important notes for his upcoming exams,also he had to prepare a lesson plan for his students he taught through YouTube lectures.

Both continued doing their own work not talking or even sparing the other one a single glance.Once Aayat saw that it was almost 6:45pm she decided it was time she starts making dinner because Iti eats dinner early and so they both also eat early with her because she has an early bed time too.

"Hum khane mein kya banaye?"She decided to ask him only because Iti wasn't here and she wouldn't even be able to decide.

"Hum bana denge dinner"Hriday said in response.

"Hame pata h aap busy h,hum free hi h,hum bana denge,aap bas bata dijiye kya khana h aapko?"She asked.

"Kya milta h aapko dusre ke liye kaam krke?"Hriday asked looking at her directly this time.

"Aapne hi kal sabke saamne kaha tha na ki hum aapki biwi h aur sirf aapke liye hi khana banayenge aur sirf aapka hi kaam karenge?toh ab hum wahi kr rahe h na?"She retorted and he sighed,it was impossible to win with her.

"Hum apni marzi se hi kuch bana lete h"She said and he didn't replied to it.

She decided to make simple dal rice as it was good and light too.She made the special dal her mother had taught her which she herself loved a lot,though she can't get the exact taste as her mother's but she still her cooking is much similar to hers because she is the only one who had taught her cooking.