41.Dadu's regret

Flashback continues-

"Hum kuch samajh nhi aa raha h babasa!"Jheel said looking at her father in law who looked ashamed.

As if he did something very grave,as if he did a sin!

What was wrong with him??

Her father in law was a very thoughtful and kind hearted person,he is the one who has brought up Hriday and made him such a wonderful man he is today!

"Humne bht badi galti kr di!apne parivaar ki khushi ke liye pata nhi kitni zindagiya tabah kr di!!kitne logo ka dil dukhaya humne!!"Dadu said and now Jheel was afraid,she wasn't sure what she was going to hear now.

"Aap kya keh rahe h babasa??aap kese kisi ka galat kr sakte h?"Jheel said not able to believe his words though.

"Kisi ka nhi apne hi Hriday ka bura kr bethe hum!!"Dadu said as a few tears rolled down his eyes and Jheel was taken aback seeing that.

Never for once had she seen her father in law cry,he was a man who held immense authority and power in this household,his words were the last sayings and nobody could defy them,even her own stubborn son didn't ever dared to go against his words.

"Babasa"She just called him out.

"Aapke bhi guneghar h hum,aapke bhi,Hriday ke bhi"Dadu said and Jheel now was hell scared.

"Kis baat ke liye babasa?"Jheel mustered the courage to ask him.

"Aapse aapki aulaad bina aapki marzi jaane cheen ne ke liye,ek maa se uska beta cheen ne ke liye,Hriday se uska parivaar cheen ne ke liye!!!aur aapse aapki beti durr krne ke liye!!!"Dadu said as tears poured down his eyes.

Jheel though didn't knew exactly what he was saying but tears poured down her eyes with the fear of knowing something that was going to shatter her any moment now.

"Aa..aap...ky..kya keh....rahe..h babasa"Jheel asked as tears leaked her eyes but she tried to stay strong.

"Hriday,aapke bete nhi h!!!aapne janam nhi diya h unhe!!!"He said and Jheel's legs gave up,she immediately fell on her knees hearing it.

What?????

How?????

The lil boy she had held in her arms for the first time,the blue eyed baby boy who stared at her with an angry face and teary eyes for the first time,the one who calmed down as soon as she nursed him,the one who fought with his father for her,the one who no matter how much ever angry obeys her,the one who tried hard to make her happy,that same blue eyed boy who means the world to her wasn't hers to begin with!!!!!

How was that possible???

What about the love they shared???

What about the time she had breastfeeded him??

What about the time she would take him in her embrace when he was scared??

What about the time he would hide behind her back when he was sure he would get a beating from his father for his mischief??

What about the time he would lovingly call her maa??

Her only source of happiness in this whole wide world!!!

Her only hope at life!!

Her lil boy who had turned into a responsible man,he wasn't her son??

She doesn't believes this!!

She doesn't believes this lie!!!

"Aap jhooth bol rahe h!!!!jhooth bol rahe h aap!!!!Hriday hamare bete h,hamare bete h woh!!!hamare bete h woh!!!!"Jheel said in a painful voice as she kept assuring herself that whatever she had heard was all a lie.