1- A Visitor From Distant Land (✓)

Synthia

Ah, Liyue.

I can feel the warm summer air as our ship begins to approach the shores of Liyue.

It was the best decision to take a short break from all the academic work I have been doing. I was lucky enough that the Vision Hunt Decree from Inazuma has now been lifted, thanks to the well-known Traveler. And now, I am finally going to enjoy a well-deserved vacation.

Although, some part of me still hesitated to go. My entire life I have only dedicated it to finishing my studies and reaching the peak of my academic journey yet both my parents wanted me to take rest. I do appreciate their concern towards me so, I decided to follow their decision.

Plus, I'd be staying with my grandmother, so, it'll surely be a pleasant experience.

Grandmother would visit us in Inazuma several times a year so I've only seen her a few times and that was when I was a child. During her stay in Inazuma, she would always look after me while mother and father would go to work.

Both grandmother and mother have their roots from Liyue while my father was a pure Inazuman. When my parents got married, my father brought my mother to Inazuma and decided to start a family there.

Despite having Liyue blood running through my veins, this is actually the first time I have been in Liyue. Even so, this country somehow felt like home. It actually felt like I belonged here.

I can smell the scent of the sea and as we slowly dock into the harbor, I can also smell the sweet fragrance of flowers and different spices.

By the looks of it, Liyue seemed to be quite a busy Nation. It's way more buzzing compared to Inazuma but, I am expecting that my Homeland will soon be as busy as Liyue now that the Sakoku Decree has been lifted. Surely, new opportunities would come rushing into the country. It gladdens me that our Almighty Shogun finally decided to have an open mind.

After the long wait, the ship finally settled.

I hurriedly went back to my bunker and grabbed my luggage, not wanting to be left out. I was planning to travel a lot during my stay here in Liyue so, I made sure I was travelling light. It worked wonders for me since when I first travelled to another nation, specifically Fontaine, for a specific collaboration with a scientist there, carrying plenty of bags weren't an ideal decision to make.

Once the ship has came to a full stop, all the passengers lined up in a single file, trying to cross the narrow make-shift bridge that the crew had laid out.

As I stepped onto the bridge, one of the crew held my hand and aided me across. I thanked him for his kind gesture of course.

And now, I can say I have finally set foot on Liyue, the Nation of Contracts and Trade under the supervision of the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis.

I took in a heavy breath and I can now smell the aroma of different delicacies. It made my mouth water.

The place looks beautiful. I looked up to see several lanterns hanging above. There were also different colored umbrellas. They surely blend with the ambiance of Liyue Harbor.

Before making my way to my grandmother's house, I decided to take a look around the Harbor, checking on all the goods they sell. All of the vendors I've come across were so warm and kind. They were selling different stuff too like lanterns, kites, fruits and vegetables that are native to their land, even precious stones and jewelry.

Wow. So beautiful.

"Synthia?" I heard somebody call out.

I looked over my shoulder and instantly saw a familiar face.