8 - Time We Spent Together (II) (✓)

Synthia

"So, tell me more about yourself." Ga-Ming asked as he stared at me while he rested his face on his palm. I looked into his orange eyes. They look so lively.

"About myself?" I blushed, looking away. "I'm not that interesting." I said.

"You are interesting to me." Ga-Ming replied without breaking eye contact. "Erm I mean-" His eyes widened when realization hit him. He then started to shuffle as he began to get flustered. "I mean, it's n-nice to get to know people." He grinned awkwardly at me and all I could was laugh at his reactions.

"Well, if you do find me interesting," I leaned in closer. "You can ask me anything then." I smiled. His cheeks reddened. I chuckled at him.

"Uhm, o-okay." He nervously gulped his saliva. "What do you study back in Inazuma?" He asked.

"Hmmmm," I rubbed my chin as I tried to think of how I'd answer his question. "I mostly study culture." I started. "But I also study anything related to biology and machinery. Father worked as a mechanic in Fontaine before he met mother during his expedition in Liyue. Mother, on the other hand, was studying biology and medicine at that time they met so, you could say, my parents greatly influenced the topics that I study today." I explained.

Ga-Ming looked amazed.

"But, it's not much. I just do what I love to do." I added.

"Wow, I never thought you'd be so bookish." He chuckled.

"Ah, I do get that a lot from other people especially from my friends in Inazuma." I giggled as I began to reminisce the times my friends would tease me for being such a book worm.

"My friends are loyal to the Almighty Shogun and they have basically trained all their lives so they can serve her." I explained.

"The Almighty Shogun, huh?" Ga-Ming rubbed his chin.

"Mhm. The Electro Archon." I added. "My friends have always wanted to be a part of the Shogun's Army so, they're more focused on brute force rather than intelligence but I'm not saying that they're not intelligent. They're just better in combat than I'll ever be."

"I see." He nodded. "So, does that mean, they also took part in the implementation of the Vision Hunt Decree?"

"Sadly, yes." I frowned. "Although, they still covered us somehow from the gazes of the Tri-Commission. We were somehow kept safe because of them."

"I thought they'd turn their backs on you."

"It would have been fine for me, honestly." I said. "I didn't want them to get into trouble with the Shogun just because they want to keep us safe from the decree."

Ga-Ming nodded at me.

"I'm just glad it's over." I let out a relieved breath.

"I agree." He replied. "But you see, there's nothing wrong with being bookish, though." Ga-Ming flashed me a smile. I blushed.

"Thank you," I smiled back at him.

"What about your Vision?" He asked. "How did you get it?"

"My Vision?" I repeated. At first, I didn't know how to answer it since nobody has ever asked me how I got my Vision and it is something I rarely or never talked with anybody else.

"Uhm, if it's private then it's okay," Ga-Ming said. He might have noticed the sudden change in my mood. "I do understand."

"No, it's fine." I insisted. "It's been awhile since someone had asked me so, I was just unsure on how I'd answer it."