24 - An Ill Foreshadowing (✓)

Synthia

"Oh finally! The sun's out!" Ga-Ming yelped happily as we both got out of the small cabin, we were staying at, in the ship.

We started our journey 2 days ago and we still have 5 more to go. Normally, merchant ships would take more than two weeks to travel from Liyue to Inazuma but thanks to the expertise of my father in the field of machinery, he was able to create a ship that can travel a bit faster compared to the typical ship.

My father actually had plans on putting it on the market but, he seemed to still have little adjustments to make that's why, using the prototype now, will be beneficial in his further improvements.

"I can finally have some sunlight." Ga-Ming stretched. Man Chai then came into view, stretching as well. "Those 2 days were definitely a bummer." He chuckled before he removed his jacket and gloves, leaving him with only his orange shirt and pants.

My eyes started to examine his whole body. His biceps looked muscular and his chest was so broad. His fitted shirt emphasized how well-built his body was. I guess, that's what you get for carrying plenty of parcels each and every day.

"Hey. Synthia." He waved his hand, pulling me out of my trance. I could feel my cheeks burn as I realized that I was caught staring at him. "You okay?" He smiled before approaching me.

I gulped my saliva. "I-I'm fine." I quickly looked away. Even without looking at Ga-Ming, I could tell that he was smirking at me. I could feel my cheeks burn as I started to think dirty thoughts of him.

I'm not supposed to be thinking of Ga-Ming like this...

But, he is my partner afterall. So, it's natural...

But then... I mentally cursed at myself. I can't help but fantasize about him.

I was too induged in my thoughts that it startled me when I sensed Ga-Ming was already standing few inches away from me. I slowly looked up and I met eyes with him. He already has a big smile on his face. It's actually not really a smile but a smirk.

This man...

"What's the matter?" He asked, his voice, soft. I then felt the side of his hand graze on my cheek, making me flinch for a moment. "Like what you see?" He winked.

I nervously gulped my saliva again as he was not breaking eye contact with me. I could feel my cheeks redden even more. I probably look like a tomato now.

Ga-Ming then leaned in and I instantly closed my eyes, expecting that I'd feel his lips on mine but moments passed and yet I haven't felt any kiss so, I slowly peeked through my eyelids, only to see him smiling. His lips was definitely just few inches away from mine. He is close enough that I could feel his breath on my face.

"Flustered now are we?" He giggled.

When did he had this kind of confidence?

I raised a brow at him and took him up on his challenge on confidence so, I straightened my back, held the back of his neck, pulling him down on my level before crashing my lips on his.

Surely, he was shocked initially, but he kissed me back anyway.

I then pulled away and instantly saw his face flush red. I giggled, smirk growing on my lips.

"Who's flustered now?" I held his shirt by the collar and pulled him down on my level again. This time, I inched closer and halted once my lips were about to brush his. "You're cute when you blush."

He let out an awkward chuckle. "My, my. You don't back down from a competition." He smiled.

"I don't." I kissed the corner of his lips before pulling away from him for good. I then turned my back on him and faced the horizon once more.