23 - A Moment Of Bliss (✓)

Ga-Ming

I have already made the necessary arrangements regarding my departure to Inazuma. Who would have thought I'd finally head out of Liyue?

I had dreams of visiting other nations but I never thought that it would be through this. I have always thought that I will be able to visit other countries to showcase Wushou Dancing but I guess, fate has other things stored for me.

"Could you pass me that shirt, Man Chai?" I asked, looking at the Suanni who was floating as he watched me stuff my bags with clothing. He happily nodded at me before he swiped the shirt off the bed, carrying it over to me.

"Thanks," I carefully took the shirt from him, folding it neatly afterwards before shoving them into a small bag that I will be bringing to Inazuma.

Now that I think of it, I wonder how Inazuma looks like; the land of the Electro Archon. Surely the weather and culture would be complete different compared to Liyue. I wonder what kind of food they have there or their way of living?

I sighed to myself and Man Chai instantly noticed the change in my mood so, he floated towards my direction and perched on my shoulder, rubbing his cheek on mine.

Are you okay? Man Chai signed. I looked at the creature and gave him a small smile.

"I don't know what to feel exactly." I mumbled. "Dad doesn't even know I'm leaving for Inazuma." I sighed, before digging into my pocket. I then pulled out a small photo of my dad and I back when I was still a child.

In the photo, my dad had me on his shoulders, carrying me as I attempted to reach for a fruit in a tree. Looking at it, we used to be so close but now, things are different I suppose. As I grew up, we just drifted away from each other.

Though sometimes I hate admitting it, I miss the old man and I have wishes to spend time with him again.

Maybe you should tell him. Man Chau gestured.

"He might not face me." I frowned, putting back the picture into my pocket.

I have always kept that picture. Even though dad and I are not in good terms, I would often look at the photo still to remind me of those fun memories I had with him.

Why'd you say that? Man Chai signed before floating in front of me. It wouldn't hurt to try. He added.

"You know what happened. I left home because we got into a fist fight. He might have felt so disappointed of me." I lowered my head. I then felt the suanni hold my chin, lifting my face up.

He is your father still. It would be wise to make him aware. Even if you had disagreements with him, he'd surely get worried. Man Chai acted out.

I nodded at him. "You're right." I pursed my lips. "I should go by myself." I added, standing up.

I was about to walk towards the door when Man Chai stopped me on my tracks.

What about Synthia? He gestured.

It put me in my thoughts for a moment. "Maybe I should leave her be." I replied.  "She has a lot in her mind right now."

Man Chai raised a brow at me. Don't you want your dad to meet her?

"Of course, I do." I defended. "But, it feels like it is not yet the right time considering what is about to happen in a few days time." I continued. "Synthia might feel more pressured if I introduce her now so, it's better if I'll wait for the right time."

It's not that I don't like her meeting my dad or the other way around. She means a lot to me and I am looking forward to introducing her to my whole family. But, at this point, things might get complicated, considering the arranged marriage to which Synthia is bound to at the moment.