19 - A Little Competition Won't Hurt (✓)

Synthia

I rested my head on Ga-Ming shoulder as we both watched the lanterns take flight into the night sky.

It wasn't long enough until Philip's arrival.

I was a bit anxious regarding Ga-Ming meeting Philip. I know pretty well how Ga-Ming would react but not Philip. Hopefully he doesn't get too judgemental. It'll be better if the two of them get along but I am quite skeptical with that idea.

"So, Mei," I started.

Ga-Ming hummed in response.

"Where is she now?" I wondered out of genuine curiosity.

Ga-Ming took a while to reply. "I have no idea, honestly." He smiled at me. He then started to caress my hair. "Plus, why would I care where she is? Bet she's already happy with the guy she's with now." He shrugged his shoulders. "I do have you now, why would it matter?"

I looked at him and blushed.

He giggled at me for being flustered before he made an effort to hold my cheek.

"That might have hurt you a lot huh?" I mumbled softly, holding his hand that was on my cheek.

I then saw a glint of pain in his eyes before nodding at me.

"How did you deal with it?" I asked.

He sighed. "I immersed myself in work. I had no other way of coping so, I just devoted my time to helping the people around." He gave me a small smile.

What a noble deed.

"And I also chose not to dwell on it too much though, I couldn't ignore the fact that it kept me up at night." He said as his fingers were now beginning to trace my jawline until it reached my chin. "But like what I said, it doesn't matter now. I would like to live in the moment, with you." I felt his thumb on my lower lip telling me that he wanted a kiss.

I smiled at him before he started to lean in.

Our lips were just inches close to each other when I heard a familiar voice call my name.

Philip.

Both Ga-Ming and I got startled so we both jumped on our seats before our eyes fell on the blue haired male.

"Hey!" He beamed.

I stood up and greeted him.

"I'm so glad to see you." Philip suddenly snaked his arm on my waist and pulled me close to him. I was taken aback at his sudden action. He leaned in closer afterwards. "Why don't we go somewhere far?" He smirked.

My eyes widened in shock.

"Uhmmm,"

"Excuse me, sir?" Ga-Ming spoke up. I heard him approach Philip and I before I felt him remove Philip's arm on my waist before pulling me close towards him.

"Oh. And who are you?" Philip spat coldly, eyeing Ga-Ming.

"I am her partner, actually." Ga-Ming scoffed. "And you?"

Philip looked at me as if he was in utter disbelief.

"Really now?" He crossed his arms over his chest and let out a hump. "I actually think you can do better, Synthia."

I felt Ga-Ming's grip around my waist tighten. I held his hand for reassurance and he instantly softened.

"Definitely better than you." Ga-Ming spat back.

Philip huffed.

The three of us were then engulfed in silence and I could feel how heavy the atmosphere was getting.