29 - Betrayal of One's Kin (II) (✓)

Ga-Ming

I was awoken by a slight tugging on my blanket. My eyes slowly blinked open and I started to look for whoever was tugging my blanket.

"Wake up." I heard Man Chai's voice. I grumbled softly and tried to shoo him away. I heard him groan. "Get up!" He whined. Now I could feel him put a lot of effort into pulling the blanket away from me. "We have to find Synthia!" He exclaimed before I heard a thud in the corner of the room.

I jolted up only to feel a strong pang in my abdomen. I winced.

"Ow."

I looked over to Man Chai who was now in the corner of the room. I guess, he pulled onto the blanket too much that he lost grip causing for him to get thrown to the other side of the room.

"S-sorry." I mumbled, looking at the creature. He rolled his eyes at me before floating towards me. He then snuggled himself near my chest and I instantly felt his warmth and healing effect on me.

"I'll go and get Thoma." Man Chai said before he poofed out of sight. Once I was left alone, I slowly moved myself to the edge of my bed, throwing my legs out. I then tried to stand up but somehow, the numbed portion of my abdomen didn't allow me to.

"Damn it." I cussed under my breath as I attempted to stand again. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my back and someone lifting my arm, wrapping it around his shoulders. I looked over my side and realized it was Thoma.

"Hey there." He beamed happily. I smiled back at him. "I got you, don't worry." He grinned. He then supported my weight until I was able to stand on my two feet. "All good?"

I gave him a thumbs up. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." He grinned. "Oh, about your clothes. While you slept, I had them washed and dried." Thoma smiled widely. Man Chai then floated towards me as he carried both my jacket and shirt.

"I don't know if that shirt is your size but I think I got it right." He giggled. "Your shirt was really in a bad shape."

I chuckled. "I don't know how else I'll thank you, Thoma." I shyly smiled at him. I then unfolded the shirt and it somehow was similar to my own shirt though this one is a lot darker in color and it was sleeveless.

"Let me help you." Man Chai brought my shirt up above my head. I tried to carefully lift my arms up to avoid any unwanted pain. Fortunately, the shirt just effortlessly slid down my body and once my head and arms went through the hole, Man Chai floated below and pulled my shirt down.

"Thank you, Man Chai." I smiled at him. His eyes smiled back at me.

"You ready?" Thoma spoke.

I nodded at him while I wore my jacket. "Can't do my warm up routine now." I chuckled.

"Warm up routine huh?" Thoma raised a brow at me.

"Well, my job somehow makes my joints painful." I awkwardly scratched my head. "So I needed to do some stretches before I start delivering."

"Ah, I see." He nodded. We both then went out of his room and now, we are back on the streets of Inazuma.

Judging by how empty the streets are, it seemed that it was already deep in the night. The stars were shining bright in the sky together with the moon.

I took in a deep breath afterwards, inhaling that cold evening air before exhaling it. I then out of no where felt another sharp sting causing me to wince.

"What happened?" Thoma ran over to me and held my shoulder.

"It's all g-good." I grinned at him before letting out a small grunt. "I'll be fine."