26 - Welcome Home (✓)

Synthia

<Dream>

"My dear, wake up."

I heard that familiar voice again, it was the voice of the faceless woman yet I do not feel anymore fear towards her. Rather, I feel immediate comfort whenever I hear her voice. It's odd to think I'd find comfort in a completely non existent being.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, realizing I was still in the meadows.

Could it be the same dream I had before?

I then felt a hand slightly graze mine. I looked over and saw the woman attempting to hold my hand. Her skin felt...

Warm...

It is as if she was really alive and everything I am seeing was real. I am fully aware that this was all a dream yet the sensation is too real to even be called a dream

She let our a soft giggle afterwards before I felt her caress my hair.

"Such beautiful brown hair you have, my dear." She whispered.

Brown hair?

But my hair is white.

I didn't reply. Her fingers ran smoothly through my hair. I could clearly feel how much it soothed me. It relaxed my whole body.

"I have always wanted to have white hair just like father." I spoke. Though, the way I spoke felt more of a muscle memory than an actual reply to her sentence.

I was taken aback by my answer too. I wanted to answer her differently but similar to what I felt before, it felt as if what I said have been said already and giving a new response would make everything else senseless.

"Master Akio does have beautiful white locks though it is now graying as he gets old." The woman smiled. I looked up to see that her face was bit clearer now. She wasn't faceless as I expected her to be. Her green eyes were more dashing now.

"No matter. I still love you even when you have brown hair." She giggled softly and I did the same, somehow feeling my cheeks burn as she spoke.

What is this odd feeling?

"Your sister has beautiful white hair, though. She looks pristine, doesn't she?" She spoke, her voice, gentle.

I nodded out of memory. "She is beautiful." I whispered before I felt myself frown. "My dear sister..." I mumbled under my breath, sighing afterwards. "I wish she knew."

Then the whole view shifted and now I was a spectator.

I caught a glimpse of my brother, laying his head down on the lap of a woman, similar to my position before.

Out of nowhere, he sat up and turned his head towards my direction.

He locked gazes with me and upon seeing his eyes gave me shivers down my spine.

I could remember how much comfort I felt when I used to stare into Asato's eyes, but this time, I felt nothing but horror and fright.

His face was emotionless though at some point I caught a glint of sorrow and regret. I saw his eyes water afterwards before he spoke.

I wish she knew the truth...

<END>

I quickly jolted upwards as I felt myself get pulled out from the dream I had. I was starting to heave for air, feeling my chest tighten. Ga-Ming sensed the rising mood in the air as he too jolted awake. He quickly pulled me to him and hugged me tight.