15 - A Reach Too Far (✓)

Ga-Ming

"Wanna head home now?" I asked, staring at Synthia who slightly dozed off a few moments back. She lifted her head up from my shoulder and rubbed her eyes, still in a daze. "How are you feeling?"

She yawned as she stretched. "A bit better. Thanks." She smiled and I smiled back before she looked away.

I kept staring at her though. I really wanted to tell her how I felt but it felt like I was slowly running out of time already. I feel pressured and even if I wanted to push myself to tell her, I just couldn't.

My previous love interest surely gave me a huge scar in my heart.

<Flashback>

I could still remember I would bring her flowers everytime I finish my rounds in delivering the parcels in the harbor.

I was still a newbie back then, just ran away from home and trying to make a living.

She was the one who saw me at my lowest when nobody ever did that's why she meant alot to me.

"Ga-Ming. You are overworking yourself again." She would pout at me everytime we hangout whenever she discovers that I was over exerting myself.

I mean, if I wouldn't work hard, I wouldn't get food on the table or offer her what she wanted. I want to make her happy so I have to work hard for some mora.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I said, holding her cheek. Then she would frown at me and hold the hand that holds her cheek.

"I'll always be worried about you Ga-Ming. I care for you." She would say under her soft voice, sadness lingering as she spoke.

"I know." I would smile and eventually, I would lean in to kiss her.

The days were so happy while I was with her but then, happy moments tend to end in the most soonest of times.

<End of Flashback>

"Ga-Ming?" I heard Synthia's voice ring in my ears.

My eyes blinked quickly as I realized I got pulled out from a trance. I then focused my gazed on her. She looked worried now.

"Are you okay?" She caressed my cheek. I tensed up under her touch.

"Y-yes, I am. Sorry." I gave her a small smile. She frowned.

"What were you thinking about?" She asked.

"I-It's nothing." I lied, lifting her hand from my face and holding it firmly. "We should head home now. We don't want to be roaming the mountains in the dark." I changed the subject almost instantly. I then kissed the back of her hand and began fixing our things.

The whole time we were cleaning up, we were both silent. It felt more awkward rather than a solace. I don't know whether she felt the same way but maybe it was just me due to the countless thoughts that are now running through my head.

After things were now settled, Synthia and I then headed down the mountain and back to Liyue harbor in hopes that we would arrive there before nighttime.

Gladly, we did reach the harbor just before the sun was set so, when we got there, the night immediately crept in and the people around started lighting up their lanterns, sending them to the sky along with their wishes and dreams.

"Hungry?" I happily chimed.

Synthia looked at me and smiled. "Yeah." She nodded.

"Third Round Knockout, my treat." I happily grinned at her.