13 - I Am All Yours To See (✓)

Synthia

"Uncle Tan, here's a good crystal chunk." I pointed out. Uncle Tan then made his way towards me and asked me to step aside. Now, using his hydro ability, he formed a blade of water before effortlessly slicing through the rock, tearing it apart.

"I think this is enough." Uncle Tan let out a breath of relief as he wiped off the sweat that was rolling down his temples. I then pulled out a towel from my satchel and offered it to him.

Uncle Tan decided to take me to the Chasm to take some crystal chunkd and stones that he'll be using in making jeweleries. Fen was busy looking after the shop and Chen had to deliver an order with Ga-Ming so, I was the only one left to accompany him.

"Thank you for helping me out, Synthia." He shove all the crystal chunks in his satchel before deciding to sit down on the boulder. I sat beside him.

"No need to thank me, Uncle Tan. I am happy to help you." I smiled.

As we rested, I started to think of Ga-Ming.

I haven't seen him today and I do wonder how he is at the moment. He is with Chen now, so I was hoping that he'd be alright. He does enjoy Chen's company after all.

"How are you and Ga-Ming?" Uncle Tan asked.

I looked at him and smiled, my cheeks slightly blushing. "We are fine, uncle." I let out a soft giggle. "Ga-Ming is a nice person and is really fun to be with. He is full of life and really passionate about his work." I added.

I have always liked people who are passionate about their work simply because they remind me of Asato.

My elder brother is extremely passionate in perfecting his techniques and dedicates all of his time in bettering himself. That's why I have always admired Ga-Ming for his hard work ever since I met him. It might sound odd but he fondly reminds me of Asato.

"Exactly. He is known to be the best guard in his work and plenty of people look up to him for being so determined." Uncle Tan said. "I've noticed you've grown enamored of him." He playfully poked my side.

I chuckled, feeling ticklish. I could feel my cheeks burn afterwards. "Perhaps." I softly giggled. "I do want to know him more."

"Ah. My little niece is all grown up." Uncle Tan started to get sentimental, wiping a stray tear that has left his eye. "I can still remember the days you were still so small and now, look at you." He held both my shoulders as a proud smile grew on his lips. "You've grown into a beautiful and strong woman. Akio and my dearest sister, Xiang, could have been so proud."

I smiled at him.

"Asato could have been so proud too." He added.

"Asato." I smiled as I remembered my elder brother.

"He loves you dearly as his younger sibling. He has always been protective of you." Uncle Tan said. "If only he listened to Xiang."

My chest ached as I thought of it.

When we discovered Asato's death, I couldn't help but think, he should have listened to mother. But, Asato has always been the one who doesn't falter even when challenges were thrown at him. As long as he held on tight to his beliefs, he'd always fight for them, even when he had to draw his last breath.

Both mother and father had regrets regarding Asato's decision and until now, even though it has been 12 years, they still couldn't forgive themselves, especially, my father who gravely grieved on Asato's death.

"Synthia." I felt Uncle Tan's thumb on my cheek, wiping my tears away.

Only then did I notice I was already crying.