4 - Fated To Meet (✓)

Synthia

Chen, Fen and I spent most of our time at the Liyue Harbor checking the new stalls that only open during the night. I was able to find more souvenirs and other items that I am excited to bring back to Inazuma.

Chen and Fen have been nothing but sweethearts. They sure know how to have fun and they've been like this ever since we were young.

I've never been the expressive type of person, rather, I am introverted and shy, much more introverted compared to Fen. I guess, that's what I get for keeping myself in my room and focusing on my studies. I rarely had the time to socialize. It's not that my parents didn't allow me to go outside. It was a personal choice.

That's why, I deeply appreciate the warmth Chen and Fen offers me. Since they were my playmates before, some of their social skills and boldness got rubbed off on me but of course, there are times I just revert back to my quiet self.

"Hey, Synthia. You've been quiet." Fen nudged her elbow on my waist. I flinched a little but recovered soon. "What's the matter?"

The three of us found ourselves hanging out at a small stall that sells beverages. Fen and I were sitting on the stools while Chen was somewhere playing games on other stalls as he wanted to win prizes.

"I'm fine. Nothing's the matter." I smiled at Fen.

Fen is a wonderful woman. She is a carbon copy of Uncle Tan. Every feature of Uncle Tan was surely etched on her facial features too. Our clan, specifically on my mother's side, is known for their charcoal black hair and that kinda makes me feel out of place since I am the only one with white hair. On the other hand, Fen has her black, luscious, long hair. It was long enough to reach the back of her knees so, currently, she had it tied up with several hair ties. Her eyes were also a beautiful shade of chocolate brown.

"It doesn't seem like you're fine." She frowned. I do tend to forget that Fen is extremely sensitive when it comes to other people's emotions. Even if you just met her, she could simply read you like a book just by hanging out with her for a few moments. She could literally see through anyone's facade.

I sighed. "Well, I guess I can't hide anything from you." I chuckled nervously.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I-" I was hesitant for a moment. "I just miss home." I lied. Although, I wouldn't say it's a complete lie. I do miss my parents despite having to be here in Liyue for less than a day.

I just thought that, telling her about Ga-Ming is kind of stupid for me. Plus, why would I care much about that stranger?

"I just wish my mother and father were here." I added. "And Asato."

We were both silent when Asato's name was mentioned.

"How long has it been?" Fen mumbled.

"12 years." I sighed.

"Asato would have enjoyed Liyue if he was here with us now." She gave me a reassuring smile.

"Ah, that's all in the past now, isn't it? Let us not dwell in it." I said. "By the way, Mother had always wanted to go back to Liyue. She wanted to join me on this vacation but sadly, since the Vision Decree has just been repealed, both of my parents have important matters to attend to." I explained.

"Aunt Xiang is a hard working person as well as Uncle Akio. I'm pretty sure they'd choose work rather than vacation. Not only did you get Uncle Akio's looks, you also got their persistence." She teased. I chuckled softly.

Well, being one of the clans that is highly respected in Inazuma, we have expectations to fill. Considering that my father is now planning to set up a new commission, in addition to the Tri-Commission, that will offer immunity or safety towards Vision wielders, the two of them has to work a bit extra. Their experience regarding the decree surely left an unremovable scar on their hearts.