47 - Destroyed by Wrath

Synthia

The winds were the only one surrounding the venue, destroying anything on its path.

I stood there, silent and still as I pointed my sword at the person whom I grew up to call as my father but now considered as a traitor.

I could see the fear in his face; the way his eyes widened at the presence of a much powerful entity.

"S-Synthia?" His voice sounded shaky. I then started to approach him, walking slowly, with my blade still drawn. "W-What are you doing?" His lips quivered in horror.

"You have been in power for so long, father. You have transgressed one of the principles of the Hashanamida Clan and that is not submitting oneself to the spoils of greed and power." I stated. Now, I was standing right in front of him, watching him quiver at my presence.

He fell on his knees and started to crawl away from me but I took a step forward every time he attempted to move away from me.

"Synthia, y-you cnnot do this," He tried to shake away his fear by letting out a nervous laughter. "I am your father, Synthia!" He yelled.

"You were my father, yes." I gulped in my saliva as an attempt to choke in the tears that are now welling in my eyes. "But you have hurt me in ways unexplainable." I drew the blade closer to his neck.

Then there was silence. The only sound heard were the gust of winds rotating just within the venue. Then out of nowhere, father started to giggle.

I stared at him, tilting my head in confusion.

His soft giggles then turned into chuckles until it became a spine-chilling laughter. My eyes widened and I slowly backed away when lightning began to engulf him.

Then, in a blink of an eye, just like a lightning bolt,he disappeared in thin air and now, his laughter can be heard all over the venue.

My eyes began to frantically look for him, spinning my head from side to side and front and back.

I would then hear him click his tongue, repeating it in a manner that sounded like he was disappointed.

"My, My, Synthia," He chuckled. "I wondered where you learned to go against your own father," His voice sent chills down my spine.

I raised my weapon up while I attempted to follow the source of his voice with both my eyes and ears.

"You speak of the principles of our clan yet you yourself disobey those rules," He laughed.

My grip tightened around my sword.

"It saddens me that this has come to this," Out of nowhere, he appeared like lightning strikes the ground. The strike caused a loud roar.

Father then stood stool, his hands locked on his back while he looked up at the ceiling.

"I thought, everything was going fine," He started to sound sad before a sigh escaped his lips. "We were so close, Synthia. I was this close to overthrowing the Shogun,"

I gasped. "W-What?" My eyebrows knit themselves together while my eyes widened at the same time. "You wanted to overthrow the Raiden Shogun?"

Even when his back was turned to me, I still looked at him with utter disbelief and disgust.

I wasn't simply going to believe what he was saying. He has offered his entire existence in serving the Shogunate. That is also the sole reason our clan exists, so hearing him that he wanted to topple down the Electro Archon herself sounded so crazy to me.

"Honestly, that wasn't my intention at first." He turned around and faced me before sitting down on the seat that was in front of him. He then crossed his legs over the other, rested his back on the velvet chair and placed his elbow on the chair's arm before resting his face on his fist. "I have been loyal to the Shogunate even before I rose to power as the clan leader. It was after all, what my father taught me," He spoke.