34 - Faded Memories

Synthia

+This entire chapter will be a flashback+

+Also, the events that happened here did not happen in the same day. It will have time skips+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+++

"You have to do it like this." Asato said as he held my wrist to position my fist correctly, just slightly above my waist.

I grumbled. "This is so difficult." I stood up straight and slumped my shoulders. I heard Asato sigh afterwards making me somehow feel guilty for complaining.

"You said you want to protect yourselves from your bullies right?" He placed his hands on his hips and raised a brow at me. "If you're not going to train then you won't be able to." He pinched the bridge of his nose, a habit he formed whenever he was annoyed or frustrated.

"I'm sorry..." I timidly crossed my legs and locked my hands behind my back. "Can't you protect me, Asato? You are my elder brother after all. Isn't that your duty?"

Asato sighed again before kneeling infront of me to bring himself in eye level with me. Asato was really tall. He is as tall as our father and me compared to him, I was just around his waist.

"Synthia." He held my shoulder. "There might be a time that I won't be around to protect you. Who will protect you then?"

"Why wouldn't you be around?" I asked innocently.

A light gasp escape his lips. His face showed uncertainty afterwards but I wasn't able to fully comprehend his expressions.

"I might be..." He rubbed his chin. "Somewhere in a meeting in another nation." He said.

"But you'll come back right?" I pouted. "As if you're going to stay there your whole life." I puffed my cheeks and looked away. Asato sighed again before a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"You know, it would be nice to actually go to another nation." He nudged my arm. "I've always wanted to go to Liyue."

I slightly turned my head to his direction. "Well, we can ask father to stay there."

"No!" He sternly said. My eyes widened in shock. "I-I'm sorry..." He mumbled. "See, father is expecting alot of things from me. I can't simply run away from my responsibilities, Synthia. You have to understand that."  He looked me in the eye as he spoke. "Sooner or later, you'll come to age and have the same responsibilities that I do. For now, you might not be able to understand, but in time, you will." He smiled before ruffling my white hair. He then straightened himself and turned his back at me.

"But Asato," I muttered.

He hummed in response.

"I don't want responsibilities."

He was silent for a moment before a laugh escaped his lips. He then turned around and rested one hand on his hip.

"We cannot chose what's given to us, Synthia. It's just how life is."

"You're just old." I rolled my eyes at him. "You don't know how to have fun."

"Is that so?" An evil smirk started to grow on his lips. He then started to tiptoe towards me and I instantly had the instinct to run and so I did. "Come here, you!" He yelped and I laughed, running away from him.

"You're boring, Asato! Always duties this and duties that!" I yelled out as I ran. He just laughed and moments later, he would catch me with his hands and I would squeal as I try to squirm from his grip.

"Your brother is not boring!" He held my head with his forearm, squeezing me beneath his armpit before knuckling me on the head.

"Hey, hey hey!" I squealed before he let me go.