40 - I Missed You (✓)

Synthia

"Are you sure about this Synthia?" Chisato asked as we both sat down on the bed with Man Chai on my lap.

Man Chai had already awakened a few hours back and I am more than relieved to see that he is in a better shape compared to how I last saw him.

He looked so ghastly at that point in time. Now, he seems like a brand new creature though half of his body is wrapped with bandages but that doesn't matter. As long as he feels better now, I could finally relieve myself from the anxiety.

"Yes, I am sure about it." I mumbled. "This has gone for too long already,"

I clenched my fists only to be later held by Chisato. She then gently rubbed her thumb on my fist, calming me down gradually.

"I can't believe it," I muttered under my breath. "Someone has to stop father,"

"You are stopping the head of the clan, Synthia. Are you sure you are up for this?"

Chisato was right. Father is indeed the head of the clan and is considered to be strongest that ever sat on the position. Stopping him would mean stopping the entirety of the clan.

I somehow doubt myself whether the decision I am going to make is the right one but even so, I could not take the injustice. I will serve what is right and bring into judgement those who have wronged Chisato.

"I am his only daughter. I have the right to contend for the position as the clan head," I said.

I never had the interest in becoming the clan head, especially during the days when my brother was still alive. All responsibilities fell on my brother and I only wanted to be a researcher and travel all over Teyvat doing what I love the most. 

But then, when Asato died, the responsibility of being the clan leader had fallen stagnant in me. I never brought up the idea nor did I even attempt to step up.

But now,

I have to.

If it means giving us the justice that was taken from us, I will willingly do it.

"Synthia," Chisato let out an uneasy breath. "The decision you're going to make will be the defining choice of your life," She held both my hands and we stared into each other's eyes.

I took a breath and exhaled.

"I'll take my chances," I replied. She then drew out her hand and held my cheek.

"Alright. If you're really sure then, no matter what you're decision is, know that I will always be here for you," She showed me a smile and I smiled back at her.

"Thank you," I whispered. "I'm sorry I have to leave soon. I need to find Ga-Ming."

She chuckled. "Ga-Ming?" She pulled out her hand. "Isn't he the Gold-Standard Guard in Liyue?"

"You know him?" I looked at her, intrigued.

"Everyone in Liyue knows him. He is a very hard working person and very kind. Just like you, he can't stand injustice as well," She chuckled as well. "I guess, that's one reason the two of you are so close,"

I blushed but later on frown. "I hope he is okay,"

"You should not worry. Another Adeptus had saved him." She smiled at me. When she mentioned Adeptus, the only name that came to mind was the Yaksha whom Ga-Ming introduced to me during my early days in Liyue.

"Adeptus?"

Chisato nodded. "I'm sure you have heard of the Vigilant Yaksha, Xiao."

I nodded.