10 - In Your Safe Hands (II) (✓)

Synthia

Ga-Ming and I stood our ground as we watched the treasure hoarders inch closer. Ga-Ming had already summoned his claymore and alongside him was the Suanni friend he talked about earlier.

"Let's not do this here." I mumbled as I stuck close to Ga-Ming.

He then looked at me and winked. "Don't worry, I got you." Without hesitation, he charged towards the hoarders, swinging his claymore towards their direction.

"Hop to it, Man Chai!" He threw the suanni into the air and it launched like a fireball towards the enemy. I then felt a strong surge of energy in the surrounding area. Ga-Ming seemed to be completely filled with energy.

I then saw him summon a lion head out of nowhere, jumping high up into the air before launching like a fireball against the enemies. He would repeat it several times and in between, he would use his claymore to attack the other hoarders that are closing in.

I shouldn't just stand here.

I have to help.

I summoned my sword and decided to take part in the battle. The sword that I was using was the same blade Asato used as he defended himself before he completely perished in the battle.

This weapon was intricately smithed by my father and it can carry the winds with it in every slash.

I then filled myself with Elemental Energy, channeling it throughout my body and into the blade before dashing towards the hoarders that were surrounding Ga-Ming. One of the hoarders then decided to charge towards me first, in an attempt to defend his allies.

Surprised, I instantly raised up my sword and deflected his weapon even before he could land his blade on me.

Compared to this hoarder's strength, he can effortlessly overpower me. His body was a lot bigger compared to Uncle Tan and he is a lot taller too. So comparing how my body is built to him is similar to comparing a cat to a lion.

But, I didn't let the differences hinder me. I tried pushing him the best that I could but once my strength began to fail me, I started to accumulate anemo energy on my palms before launching a wind blade towards my foe, sending him flying in another direction.

The other hoarders immediately noticed the threat I posed to them so, in response to their fallen comrade, they left Ga-Ming and started to flock around me.

This wasn't part of the plan.

I slowly began to retreat, walking closer to Ga-Ming to give myself more defense but they were quick to their feet and started to charge towards me.

Rather than being frightened, I held my ground, summoning more anemo energy in my palms. First, I would blast them with my wind blades before dashing towards them, swinging my sword while they were still in mid air. I tried my best to keep them in midair since they surely will use brute force against me and I will surely not last against their blows.

My attempts were successful until one of them was able to recover quickly. He instantly dashed towards me and landed a good blow on me. His blade sliced through my skin, enough for me to fall on my knees and wince in pain.

"Synthia!" Ga-Ming yelled. He tried running towards me to aid me but was immediately blocked off by the other hoarders forcing him to take the group down before reaching me.

The rest were slowly creeping in close to me as well. I held my wound tightly, feeling the searing pain throughout my body.

"Not so strong are we, little lady?" One of the hoarders smirked at me and they all began to laugh.