Special Chapter

+Thank you for the 4k reads guys and also, thank you for sticking around You guys are wonderful!+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

Synthia

I woke up alone in Ga-Ming's bed as the sunlight slolwy crept in my eyes, forcing me to wake up.

I immediately sat up and rubbed my eyes before I started to look around in search for a familiar face. To my dismay, I did not find any sign of Ga-Ming.

"Ga-Ming?" I called out but my voice just echoed throughout the empty apartment. I then threw my gaze at the corner of the room to where Ga-Ming would always stack the parcels.

They seemed to be in place still and it looked like Ga-Ming did not go out somewhere to deliver anything at all.

I was stricken with confusion until a familiar presence popped into view.

"Good morning, Synthia," Man Chai cooed. The Suanni then floated towards to peck my cheek, perching on my lap afterwards. I began to pet him later on, feeling his soft fur go between my fingertips.

"Hello, Man Chai." I greeted him back. "Where is Ga-Ming?" I asked.

"Oh, he went to see his dad." He replied, looking at me with his eyes smiling. I then tilted my head.

"But, he is not fine yet." I said. "He should still be resting," I added.

"No worries. He is all better now. I already healed him." The Suanni purred. "I always keep his health in check. As long as Ga-Ming and I are together, his injuries will heal within a span of the day."

I let out a sigh of relief. "That's good to know," I laid back down on the bed and relaxed. Silence then engulfed Man Chai and I until he decided to break the silence.

"You know, we should go out and get some sun." He giggled. "Then we can meet Ga-Ming in the Harbor later," He excitedly said.

"Okay," I giggled. "It'll be nice to take some short break from all the things that happened," I breathed.

Taking a short break will allow me to see things with fresh eyes. These past weeks have been nothing but pain and sadness. I felt myself drowned somehow by all of the overwhelming emotions that I forgot to focus on my own well-being.

I am glad that Ga-Ming was here to keep me sane. He always knows how to brighten up my day and I love him for being the rock I could always rely on.

Before Man Chai and I headed out, I took my time in the bath. It has been awhile since I had a proper and long bath. The warm water surely soothed my aching body and my troubled thoughts. It was something that my body badly needed.

After the bath, I dressed up. I put on a light blue zip up sleeveless overall shorts that had a bit of fluff around the neck. For the accessories, I put on a slim belt that hugged the shape of my waist. I then finished the whole fit by wearing a pair of navy blue sleeves that start from below my shoulders until it covers half of my fingers.

Lastly, for the footwear, I just wore my black boots. To finish the look, I tied my hair into a half up, the same way Ga-Ming would put his hair up.

Man Chai then appeared.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"You look beautiful," He clapped his paws together before doing a flip. "Ga-Ming will surely love the way you look," He giggled. I blushed.