2 - Met By Chance (✓)

Synthia

After that hearty lunch, I decided to take a short break before making my way back to Liyue Harbor.

Chen and Fen were still busy looking after Uncle Tan's place so I planned on going on alone before night sets in.

Grandma led me to my room, telling me to get all the rest I needed and come to her whenever I needed something. I thanked her for sweetness and kindness.

The entire room was big. It has a king size bed in the middle, a gigantic cabinet and a full sized mirror. The room has a balcony too that directly oversees Liyue Harbor. The place and the ambiance was perfect. Everything about Liyue is perfect.

I then sat on the bed and laid down.

I started to wonder what I am going to come across during my stay here. I am going to stay here for a month so, I'm quite sure a lot will surely happen and I am really looking forward to it.

The adrenaline I'm feeling didn't allow me to sleep so instead of lazing around, I decided to jump off the bed and freshen up. Once I was done, I wore the traditional Liyue attire that my mother prepared for me before I left for Liyue.

It was a beautiful shade of blue with gold white as the main color for the details. It complimented both my hair and my eyes.

I then tied my hair into a bun and pulled out a few strands to make it as bangs. Once I was ready, I put on my footwear and went downstairs where I saw grandma in the living room.

"Oh Synthia. Have you rested already?" She asked, standing up and walking towards me.

"I can't rest Grandma. I want to see the place already." I smiled.

"I see. Well, do have fun, child." She pinched my cheeks again making me giggle. "Take care."

"I will, grandma." I was about to leave when I remembered something. "Oh grandma, can you please tell Chen and Fen to meet me in the Harbor after their shift?"

"Of course." She nodded, patting my arm. "You needn't worry about them." She gave me a reassuring smile. "Now go, have fun. The harbor is waiting for you."

"Thank you grandma. I'll see you later."

+++
After a long walk, I was finally able to reach Liyue Harbor. The familiar scent of the sea and spices lingered in my nostrils. It smelled so good.

I started to walk around and check the stalls. One particular stall caught my attention. She was selling trinkets and other souvenir items.

"Interested in something?" The lady asked. Looking at her, she seemed to be the same age as my mother. She has long black hair and her lips were curved into a sweet smile.

"This looks beautiful." I carefully took a small carved statue from the display counter and looked at it carefully. "My mother will surely like this."

The carving was of a small dragon. It had long whiskers and its claws were surely sharpened to kill. What I found amazing was the way the scales were carefully carved into the small piece of wood. I can imagine the amount of time and effort the maker had put into this small piece of art.

"Ah, so you're a tourist." She smiled. "May I ask where you're from?" She innocently wondered.

"I'm from Inazuma." I replied. "Though, my roots come from here."

"I see." She nodded. "I have more souvenirs here. Maybe you'd like to see them."

I agreed to her offer. She then laid out a few more souvenirs on the table. I was able to spot a few that I like but the small statue somehow really got my attention. So, without hesitation, I paid her the correct amount of Mora for the small statue, shoving it into my satchel afterwards. I then said thanks to her before walking off.