31 - As Fragile as Trust

Synthia

<DREAM>

"My dear, wake up."

It's that woman again.

My eyes fluttered open and as I was expecting, I was still in the meadows.

I sat up without hesitation and this time, I looked at the woman straight in the face.

I gasped once we met eyes as her face was really clear now. I then noticed that her eyes were never actually green but it was the darkest shade of black.

I tilted my head to side as her complexion somehow reminded me of my mother.

"Oh, you're awake." She smiled. "How was your sleep?"

"Who are you?" I spoke as soon as she finished her sentence. "You've been in my dream several times already." I looked her in the eye. "Tell me, who are you?"

She was taken aback for a moment but regained her confidence again as a smile slowly grew on her lips. "You've finally noticed." She stood up and now, I got a clear view of how beautiful her kimono was. It was a combination of blue, white and orange.

The major color of the fabric was a light shade of blue, and the prints which I believe were goldfish were orange and the rest of the details were white.

The color complimented her pale skin and really gave contrast on her raven black hair.

"I guess you really are far more intelligent compared to Asato." She giggled, covering her lips before she sat down beside me.

I didn't move an inch nor flinch when she sat close to me since I never really saw her as a threat.

"Before I speak, I would like you to know my name." She said softly. "My name is Chisato." She drew out her hand and asked for a handshake. I was hesistant at first but then, I took her hand and shook it twice.

"How did you come to know my brother and I?" I asked.

She just giggled at me. "I've always known you'll be more curious than Asato."

Then out of nowhere, she pulled a flower out of nothingness before handing it over to me. I gasped.

"Do you recognize the flower?" She smiled as she handed me the flower.

"Marcotte." I said, taking it from her hand. The petals were a wonderful shade of pink and had a pearl-like glow. I brought it close to my nose and inhaled its scent. Now, I am beginning to realize why this flower became Asato's favourite.

"It's Asato's favourite flower is it not?" She beamed. My eyes widened at her.

"H-How did you k-know?" I stuttered.

She let out a heavy breath. "There are plenty of things that you do not know." She drew out her hand and held my cheek.

"Oh Synthia. You look as beautiful as the first time I ever saw you." She breathed, softly caressing my cheek with her thumb. "Your dazzling blue eyes and silky white hair." She grinned.

"How do you know so much about us? Who are you?" I muttered.

"The truth will be revealed soon." She pulled back her hand and stood up. "But, do not fear, child. In time, you shall know of the truth." She started to walk away.

I stood up and attempted to chase her but the ground beneath me began to crumble into vast darkness until I was on free fall.