32 - Behind Closed Doors (M) (✓)

‼️Mature Scenes Ahead‼️

Ga-Ming

"Chef Mao, my usual order please, thank you." I exclaimed before sitting on the stool, slumping my head and shoulders on the table afterwards. Man, I'm really exhausted. Considering I had to travel across the sea with this injury. Good thing, Shinobu gave me a few medicines to keep treating the wound and speed up its feeling process but the medicines seem to give me more fatigue than energy.

"Ga-Ming?" Xiangling spoke. "Oh Archons! It is really you!" She dashed out of the restaurant and gave me a hug. I winced when her arms slightly grazed my injury. She quickly backed away and looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"A-are you okay?" She stutterer

"I am." I said, holding my side. "It's just body pain." I tried giving her a smile.

"I'm sorry." She fidgeted with her fingers.

"Hey. It's okay. No need to worry." I patted her on her shoulder.

"Where have you been, Ga-Ming? You disappeared for a month." She sat down beside me and looked more worried than she normally would.

I was hesitant to reply for a moment before I decided to grab her by her arm and pull her all the way to the back of the restaurant where there were no people around.

"You have to be quiet about this, okay?" I whispered. Xiangling somehow looked like she was in panic, nodding continuously as I spoke. "Promise me?"

Xiangling has been a close friend of mine ever since I started working at the Sword and Strong Box Security Transport Agency. She is loved by the people around her like Chongyun, Xinqiu, even Xiao, Miss Hu Tao and the others. She is really friendly in nature and really cares about the people around her.

I often find myself confiding in her when my thoughts just can't be controlled no longer so, I do trust her.

"Promise." She whispered back. I then gestured to her to move closer and she did.

"I just got back from Inazuma." I started.

Her eyes widened but she kept quiet. Though, I could easily sense that she is trying her best to maintain her composure.

"First of all, Synthia and I are on good terms, so you don't need to worry." I said. "But things kinda went south for Synthia when she mentioned that she didn't want to marry the guy who was arranged for her."

"Synthia is in an arranged marriage?" Her voice slightly rose and I immediately covered her mouth. I hushed her and she nodded, removing my hand from her mouth. "Sorry."

I sighed. "Anyway, like what I said, things went sour so we have to return her. Nobody knows that Synthia is here, not even her grandma or cousins and uncle." I added.

"How is she?" She asked.

"She is not handling the situations well. It's just so complicated. I could not explain further." I let out a heavy breath. Somehow, I felt lighter after I spoke to Xiangling.

Synthia did feel down regarding the events and so did I. I just didn't want her to see that I was worried about us too, because I want to be her rock and a shoulder to cry on. If I showed her that I was anxious, then she would have been more anxious now.

"I do understand. You don't need to tell me every detail." Xiangling patted my shoulder. "But I appreciate you sharing this with me. It might have been really heavy for you."

I sighed and nodded.

"Rest assured that your secret will be safe with me."

"What secret are we talking about?"