16 - An Unexpected Arrival (✓)

Synthia

After our stay at Mt. Tiangheng, Ga-Ming and I headed back to the harbor to eat dinner and spend some more time with each other.

At some point, during the day, I was expecting him to actually say something regarding the relationship we have with each other. I've been waiting for him to tell me how he truly felt.

I just felt that our relationship needed to take it up a notch but, I don't know what's keeping him from doing so. It's been weeks since I've met him and I can't lie, I have enjoyed every single day with him.

I, for sure, like him very much. I want to spend my time with him because I enjoy being around him and every time we are together, all of my thoughts and worries seem to just disappear.

Unfortunately, he was holding back. I don't know the reason behind it but surely he was stopping himself from confessing.

After dinner, Ga-Ming and I decided to take a walk down the harbor before calling it a day.

I admired the lanterns as we walked. There were plenty of beautiful patterned ones and I can't help but become captivated by their beauty.

All of a sudden, I felt a Ga-Ming's hand hold mine. I instantly looked at him and caught him staring at me. I smiled and his cheeks burned. Before I knew it, he had already entwined our fingers together.

The way he held my hand was firm and he would gently carress my hand with his thumb.

I could feel just how much his attraction pours out through his touches. What I didn't get is the reason he was holding himself back.

Man Chai then appeared out of nowhere.

"Man Chai." I exclaimed. The Suanni then floated towards my direction and started to float around me before giving me sweet pecks on the cheeks. "Aren't you an adorable Suanni." I petted the creature and it purred in satisfaction.

"S-Synthia." Ga-Ming called out.

I immediately faced him. "Yes, Ga-Ming?" I mumbled.

I stared into his orange eyes and I could tell just how much emotions he has in them. I could also spot the need to tell something as well as the hesitation to not say something at all.

What stopping you Ga-Ming? I thought.

We then faced each other. Ga-Ming is now holding both my hands.

"I uhhhhh-" He stuttered. 'I k-know we have only k-known each o-other for a li-little while but uhhhh-"

"And?" I giggled as I start to feel the rising anxiety in him. I slightly squeezed his hand as a form of reassuring him.

I stared into his eyes and I could now remember the first time I ever saw them. They have always been full of life and always showed curiosity and concern over the people he truly cared about.

But now, all I could see was the uncertainty and insecurity.

I started to think, what could he be so insecure about?

Ga-Ming is such a wonderful person. Surely, everyone liked him due to his hard-working and down to earth nature. Not only that, he is gentle and actually cared about what other people felt. Plus, he is a big ray of sunshine. Despite having a bad history with his family, he still chooses to spread happiness despite the pain he was feeling.

He was special to me.

Most of the men who tried to woo me were mostly self-centered and was a huge bag of wind but Ga-Ming is different. He instantly took my heart just like that.