46 - Bounded By Anger

Akihiro

Today is the big day.

I stood there in front of the mirror, looking at myself while the maidens helped me get ready for the huge occasion.

Nadia helped me with the belt while Akira and Christine smothered my face with powder.

As of now, I don't know what to feel exactly. I feel happy because I was finally going to marry the woman whom I have always admired but at the same time, I was filled with dread. I just cannot seem to shake off the feeling that all of these were just too good to be true.

"You look amazing, master," Akira has the nicest smile on her face. I smiled back at her. Her elder sister Nadia then poked her side and the two ladies giggled amongst themselves afterward. I just smiled whiled I looked at them.

"Are you still in need of anything else, Master Akihiro?" Christine asked as she continued dusting my blue kimono. I turned my head towards her direction and shook my head in a disagreeing manner.

"Thank you, that woul be all ladies," I gave the three of them a smile. They all smiled back at me before bowing and leaving the room after they have said their farewells.

I watched them go out and close the door behind them. And once they were all out and away from sight, I was left in the room with nothing but silence until I heard a gust of wind and slight movement in the corner of the room.

"Sanchez," I muttered under my breath. Sanchez and I were that close enough that I could sense his presence even without him saying a single word.

I heard a small chuckle before I saw a man emerge from the shadows through the reflection in the mirror. I then looked up and I met gazes with a familiar pair of eyes.

"You knew I was here?" Sanchez crossed his arm over his chest and leaned on the cabinet beside him. I let out a soft chuckle before deciding to face the man behind me.

Once my gaze fell on him, I took a good long look at him. He was wearing a black and red kimono and a white under shirt. His kimono was in a manner that the other side was droopy while the other hung effortlessly on his shoulder. He was also wearing a black hakama which is protected by armor and for foot wear, he was wearing his usual wooden slippers. On the other hand, his sword was effortlessly hanging on the side of his hip as it was tied around his waist.

"We have known each other for quite a long time now, Sanchez," I smiled at him before walking past him to walk towards the bed to sit.

"Right,"

I felt his gaze follow me and sooner or later, his slippers would make sounds against the floor indicating that he was walking towards me.

Then there was a brief of silence. This moment allowed me to remember what happened weeks ago.

The way he kissed my lips...

Somehow, remembering what happened made me feel that familiar sensation on my lips.

Sanchez then sat beside me but this time, he made sure that there was enough space between us.

We were indulged in the silence for several moments until he decided to speak up.

"I want to apologize for what happened last time," He whispered.
I looked at him and he was looking down at his hands while nervously tugging down on his clothes, a habit he formed whenever he was anxious.

I let out a heavy sigh.

"I know I made things difficult," He mumbled. My eyes then widened when I felt him scoot close to me to hold both of my hands. His hands felt so cold and it was shaking as well. "But Akihiro, I like you so much. I don't know how I came to have these feelings for you but I know deep inside that I love you and I want to be with you," He squeezed my hands as he looked at me expectantly with his eyes.