Chapter Fourteen

It was a silent walk back to the mansion with me trailing behind Beatrice while Mercy and Sylvia trailed behind me. I was really tired. My body felt heavy and not from mana that was inside me. It was exhausting, feeling like I was lugging around the weight of the world. I was surprised when even my vision started to blur.

"My lady!" Someone called from somewhere and I found myself on my hands and knees on the ground, head pounding.

I looked up to see Beatrice looking down at me and Sylvia was kneeling beside me an arm over my shoulders keeping me up. "I feel really tired." I muttered confused by how heavy my eyelids felt and the rest of my body felt like it was falling asleep without my brains permission.

"You've used too much mana." Beatrice explained but didn't seem all that worried, which saddened me. "Sylvia when we get back to the mansion take her to her room and give her blood. She hasn't had any in a while if I'm correct."

"Yes my lady." Sylvia agreed helping me stand and I had no choice but to lean on her. Suddenly her scent filled my nose and my throat felt parched as my stomach clenched painfully. I needed blood. I could feel it now. The hunger for it inside of me. It was scary, but I knew that it was now a part of me so I accepted it, though didn't do anything about it in the current moment.

"Mercy, come, we're going back ahead of them." Beatrice ordered Mercy who looked at me and Sylvia worriedly before hurrying to follow just behind Beatrice as she walked away.

I couldn't really understand why it hurt so much watching her walk away, but the pain distracted me from my hunger. "We should hurry." I muttered to Sylvia as we started walking. "I don't want to attack you and I think I'm close to losing control."

"Then let's stop and you can have some now." Sylvia offered but I shook my head.

"Not here, not out in the open." I declined. "We both know what will happen when I drink our blood. You'll most probably get a bruise from the hard ground."

I didn't have to look at Sylvia to know that she was blushing at what I was implying would happen. We both know I was telling the truth. "Okay then." She agreed and basically carried me all the way to our room. Hopefully my Mistress won't be mad at me for missing dinner again.

I could barely see by the time we made it to the room and my fangs were out. Long enough to touch my bottom lip and sharp enough that a scrape from them parted the skin on my lip, though the cuts quickly healed themselves.

"My lady? Are you okay?" I heard Sylvia question as I felt her place me down on something soft and I realised that we were already in my room.

"No... I'm hungry." I heard myself murmur as I felt a darkness wash through me. My mind was becoming clouded by the second and in a split second of clearness I saw myself above Sylvia a hand around her throat and fear in her eyes. The darkness that was washing through me was having a field day seeing her fear. I was confused as to what is happening. I felt its joy as much as I felt its lust when it moved inside me making me bite down on Sylvia's exposed neck. Lust and joy exploded within me coming from the darkness when Sylvia screamed. I couldn't control myself, my mind was blurred by emotions I wasn't truly feeling. I fought the darkness inside me and searched for the mana that usually fills me. I couldn't find it, I couldn't find any pure mana and it started to make me panic.

I was hurting Sylvia, I knew that. But the darkness inside me was ripping at my consciousness. Where is it? Where is the pure mana? I couldn't see anymore. Either my eyes are shut or the darkness has taken over me. My body was numb and I couldn't hear anything but the echo of Sylvia's scream. Stop it! I'm hurting Sylvia! I need to control myself, but this darkness was making it difficult.