Chapter Thirty-Two

Having enough of playing on the defence. I shot forward at the masked person ready to fight until my last breath if I have to. I have people I need to protect, people I care about and since I was unable to protect my own blood family, I need to protect my new family even if it's the last thing I do.

Instantly I was upon them with the hunting knife by my side on the defence while I swung my sword horizontally towards their torso. They were quick, nearly as fast as me, as they jumped back with the tip of my sword on making a shallow scratch into their thick leather armour. But I didn't let up, using both my sword and knife I tried to land at least a solid hit onto them, but they were just too fast, either dodging my attacks completely or blocking and hitting them aside with their bow.

I bowed backwards as an arrow was shot at my face but quickly regained myself by twisting my body and spinning around, swinging my sword in a wide arch. My blade connected with a dull thud to my opponent's bow making us pause. I stared through the slits of the mask trying to figure out who was behind it while I felt them staring right back at me.

It only lasted a second before we went right back to exchanging blows. I dodged or blocked arrows somehow shot in the close vicinity that I kept with them while they dodged or parred my knife and sword with their bow. Not expecting it, they managed to land a heavy booted kick right to my chest that sent me skidding backwards.

"Stop holding back!" They shouted at me sounding annoyed. I wasn't able to determine the gender though because the mask muffled it too much.

I rubbed at my chest and I don't know why, but I started smiling. Much like when I was training with Galen, I was actually starting to have fun even though if I make a mistake it'll cost me my life.

"I'm sorry." I sincerely apologise knowing how annoying it is when the person you're fighting against isn't giving you their all. I breathed in and started threading mana into my blades. Fire flickered across my swords steel while my hunting knife started to turn black with a tribal picture of a wolf in silver appeared on the blade. The blade has also extended and fattened a bit while deadly serrations like wolf teeth made the knife look even more deadlier than it already was.

I felt fur brush along the inside of my skin as claws slipped out of the tips of my fingers. All of my teeth suddenly became sharper and, if it's even possible, all my senses felt like they were being heightened even further. I felt my muscles ripple like liquid steel while an animalistic growl rumbled from my chest that I never knew I could do.

I think everyone in the clearing stopped to look at me and I could smell the fear from all the humans around me, besides for those that had an artefact, and I revelled in it. My little demon that thirsted for blood that was inside me ever since I was changed by Mistress seemed to have pared up with the sudden predatory beast that has now also become a part of me. They were singing for blood.

"No more holding back right?" I asked my voice sounding a bit deeper and like a growl even to my own ears.

My opponent nodded at me and I swear I can scent excitement coming from them as they stood in a fighting stance. I felt their mana peak and I was surprised when flickers of fire started to twirl around them singeing the grass. Their bow suddenly expanded as black metal covered it and had multiple engravings of ruins appear on it too. Their arrows also changed, some tips became spirals while others split into twos or threes, but all had the silver tips changed into a black metal that I knew was a lot deadlier than just plain silver.

"Anon." I spoke lowly to him while opening back up our silent communication.

Alpha? He asked and I could also hear his excitement.

I'm not going to make you back out of this fight, but I need you to be careful. Those arrows are more dangerous than before. I can't lose you too. I told him seriously.