Chapter Seventeen

"Are you alright?" I asked kneeling beside him and checking on the frozen bandages. I melted them to reveal nearly healed wounds, the new skin slightly pink in colour.

"You saved my life, twice." The man said looking at me with a strange intensity.

"Don't worry about it, it's my job." I smiled at him pleasantly before lifting my head as Lucas, Hawk and Galen appeared.

"Good job Pet, you did well protecting the shifter." Galen complimented me, though with a flat expression.

I felt proud at that. "Thank you."

"Can you walk?" Galen then asked the down man.

"I can, but not very far." He replied. "My name is Anon and I owe you my life, thank you."

"We don't need your life so keep it." Galen waved him away. "Where is your pack located?"

Anon shook his head. "I left my pack to find another one."

Galen stared at Anon for a minute before nodding his head. "Fine, you'll come back to the estate with us, but once you're healed fully you can leave."

"And if I don't wish to leave?" Anon replied as he glanced at me, which made me frown. Why would he look at me for?

Galen also looked at me before sighing. "Then you'll have to get permission from Lady Aviva to stay."

"Okay then." Anon agreed and stood up holding onto the tree he was just leaning against. And from my kneeling position I came suddenly face to face with his flaccid member. I screwed my face up in disgust and quickly stood up trying to wipe the image from my mind. When I was able to look at Anon again he grinned at me almost teasingly. "You don't like the sight of me?" He asked motioning to his groin.

"Oh gross." I moaned in distaste and turned away from him. "No offence to any of you, but I seriously don't see the attraction. But then again I guess it doesn't help with my past and being forced by men."

Anon growled sounding every bit animalistic. I glanced at him surprised and saw anger on all the men's faces present. "What do you mean forced?" Anon growled.

I shrugged not finding the big deal of it all. The pasts the past, it'll never happen again. I'll make sure of that. "Don't worry about it. They're probably dead now anyway and I'll never let something like that happen again. I'm stronger now and can protect myself." I told them seriously while crossing my arms over my chest. "So can we go back now?"

Galen sighed while the others still looked angry, especially Anon. "Fine, I agree that you can definitely handle yourself against anyone. So, let's get back quickly. Anon tell us when you can no longer run and Hawk will help you."

"Okay." Anon agreed as Hawk nodded.

Thankfully we headed off soon after that with me in the lead beside Galen. "What happens when their bodies are found?" I asked Galen while we ran.

"Not much will change except for more Hunter's coming into our Lady's district that we'll need to hunt down." He replied. "Are you fine with killing humans?"

"If Mistress wants me to hunt them down and kill them, then I will do it." I answered him vaguely. I have vowed my life to my Mistress so shall serve her in any way she wishes.

Galen seemed to understand what I was really saying and nodded his head in understanding. "Good. I'll contact you when we have to go again."

"Yes sir." I replied and the rest of the run was silent.